MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

this is one who is suffering from overheating.
Is there any way to get the fan to run earlier??
(except manually switch)

like : adjust the wires of the heat sensor..?

some say it's a production defect, but I expect it to get better.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Reactions: PTsalas

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hi,

this is one who is suffering from overheating.
Is there any way to get the fan to run earlier??
(except manually switch)

like : adjust the wires of the heat sensor..?

some say it's a production defect, but I expect it to get better.
As said above, with ECU studio you can adjust the temperature the fan comes on.

How hot is your bike running? Should never go more than 1 bar above the middle on your dash.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
a big issue can be if you have an air lock in the system, which is quite easy to do. Bleed the system correctly and you might find that it helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
a big issue can be if you have an air lock in the system, which is quite easy to do. Bleed the system correctly and you might find that it helps a lot.
I suspect either that or he overfilled his coolant reservoir and its puking out coolant which he diagnosed as a overheating problem. On the F3 , it runs on the "min" mark on the tank. Any more and it will puke it out when you park your bike.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I suspect either that or he overfilled his coolant reservoir and its puking out coolant which he diagnosed as a overheating problem. On the F3 , it runs on the "min" mark on the tank. Any more and it will puke it out when you park your bike.
Same as the F4 :)
Depends whether its the dash display or as you say just fluid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
He has an F3 so easier to just re-flash the ecu. Look at ECUStudio www.ecustudio.com
I have my fans coming on earlier on my f4
Thank you for your advice.
I don't have expertise, can I adjust it by myself if I buy it? I just want the fans to work earlier.
By any chance, is it possible to buy this product for quick-shifter down function? My bike is a 2014 model that can only be quick-shifter up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your advice.

ECUstudio :
Can I use it without expertise?
Is it possible to buy this product for quick-shifter up function? My bike is a 2014 model that can only be quick-shifterdown.

Overheat:
When the bike runs, it's right in the middle or at +1.
But in case of traffic jams, it usually goes up to +3 and is often +4(full)
Fan starts to operate at +2 but it seems to be very difficult to cool down

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Can you do it yourself, yes. Adding blipper and lowering the fan temp is very easy. If you buy the kit, i can mod the Rom for you or show you what to do. The guys at ECU Studio are friendly too.

Feel free to ask any questions,

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If your bike is the one with EAS 1.0 quickshift sensor (it doesnt say EAS 2.0) then you will need a bi directional quick shifter for your blipper to work in addition to ECU studio to activate the functionality.

You can find plenty of original MV EAS 2.0 sensors on EBAY or you can get aftermarket sensor like translogic.

If your bike comes with EAS 1.0 ,in addition to the new sensor, you will need to run a wire from you tip over sensor to your quickshifter as our harness is not setup for the bi directional sensor. We can run you through the process if you need any assistance as it is not too difficult.

If your bike has a EAS 2.0 sensor , then just load up ECU studio and you are good.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
ou can find plenty of original MV EAS 2.0 sensors on EBAY or you can get aftermarket sensor like translogic.
The MV is a translogic Durashift, which is what ECU Studio sells

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered from ECUstudio with the kind help of dansoarr and PTsalas, but unfortunately it was canceled due to import and export issues.. Do you happen to know an alternative? I hope it's a product of a similar price.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Remove glycol to improve cooling , water is the best with some additives

Reactions: Arnie
1 - 17 of 17 Posts