MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.. Idk if this is a stupid question or not but is it possible to get more torque out of my bike by changing the Sprockets? If So does anyone know where i can get them?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maybe this Question should be in the performace section. (shit look at me, now im doing theknurls work, lol )
Mate have a look at the forum sponsor sites, shit load of parts. I have put a bigger rear sprocket on my 312r and now it could pull jesus off the cross.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Clearly, I'm out of my league here, but I'm pretty sure that torque output has nothing to do with sprocket size.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Next time Ill post it in the performance Section.. I haven't really done to much with this site yet.. I know that the sprocket obviously isn't going to give me more torque power wise but is changing the sprockets going to give me more pull on the bottom?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
................You are 100% correct Randy........
I'm thinking about a new signature.......I kinda like this one.....:smoking:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Thanks Next time Ill post it in the performance Section.. I haven't really done to much with this site yet.. I know that the sprocket obviously isn't going to give me more torque power wise but is changing the sprockets going to give me more pull on the bottom?
Yes....If you go bigger.....

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
?

Maybe this Question should be in the performace section. (shit look at me, now i'm doing theknurls work, lol )
Mate have a look at the forum sponsor sites, shit load of parts. I have put a bigger rear sprocket on my 312r and now it could pull Jesus off the cross.
thank you hoppy:drummer::drummer:

and Randy you are 100% right

Mvalliance;
if you use search......most questions have already been answered many times:stickpoke
most if not all of the Forum sponsors should be able to supply you with sprockets........

you will only get more torque out of your motor by modifying it and having better mapping, another can of worms

stop snorting the fucking garlic...... and inhale some oxygen:naughty::naughty::jerkoff::jerkoff:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
One other thing Alliance....no one's getting after you....we're just having a little fun. Welcome to the forum, and Noel is a really nice guy, even if he doesn't want you to know it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha oh i know no worries.. Ive had my Mv for about year now.. Do you guys suggest a certain size for the front and back sprockets?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
haha oh i know no worries.. Ive had my Mv for about year now.. Do you guys suggest a certain size for the front and back sprockets?
I'd continue to use round ones.....they seem to work better.

You know, I'm starting to get good at this technical assistance stuff.....watch out Noel.....:naughty:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Dont change the front only rear. I went up 3 teeth, I should have gone up only 2. but i am 110kg

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
As far as I can see your bike runs 15front and 41rear sprocket. I would try a 43rear, I won't go bigger as your chain might end up too short or the chain will hit the top guard, don't muck with the front one.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What about turbo that sucker? :naughty:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey Guys.. Idk if this is a stupid question or not but is it possible to get more torque out of my bike by changing the Sprockets? If So does anyone know where i can get them?
If you fit a larger rear sprocket or smaller front you will increase the torque produced at the rear wheel for a given wheel rpm, but of course the bike will effectively be slower in terms of top speed whilst still producing the same power. The only way to increase engine torque is maybe a re-map or softer cams etc as is probably fitted to the 1090 but in reality its not the amount its the way its delivered :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Keep in mind that this will probably put your speedo out unless MV moved the speed sensors for the dash.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd continue to use round ones.....they seem to work better.

You know, I'm starting to get good at this technical assistance stuff.....watch out Noel.....:naughty:
Don't they need funny little teeth on them? Maybe the round ones are to be found on Bruties. :)

I wouldn't start losing any sleep yet Noel.......

·
Registered
231 Posts
Clearly, I'm out of my league here, but I'm pretty sure that torque output has nothing to do with sprocket size.
I have to disagree, sprocket size can have an effect on output torque. Of course it won't change the torque of the engine but it can alter the torque at the back wheel which is what you are after at the end of the day.
Read these articles for a more detailed explanation -

http://www.sportbikes.com/articles3887.html?id=372

http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/motorcycle/how_to/mc_sprocketmath.html

http://www.motoobsession.com/MO_Tech/chain-drive/chain-drive-gearing.aspx

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi Mvalliance, I got a range of sprockets fir my Y10 from EvolutionBike, a site sponsor, in 520 pitch.
The RK Chain and alloy sprockets were 3.5 lbs lighter than the O.E.M. Stuff, (which is good for acceleration) the 43t rear works well on the street, not being so low of gearing to hurt your cruising speed on the freeway.
I tried a lower combo than that, but on the street it made 1st gear useless, (I'd start from 2nd gear) and 6th wasn't so good on the freeway.
Just keep in mind if you do go to 520 pitch. The chain will wear out faster than the stock 530.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts