1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know how to get a new sticker?
I need a new one so I get the bike registered
I called the dealer and they are trying to find out what to do

·
Administrator
20,408 Posts
Those are generally not available except at manufacture...hopefully MVAgustaUSA can help, but there are EPA liability issues with just handing those out.

·
Registered
521 Posts
maybe have one made?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
See, this kind of problems you get when you buy F4!:violin:

Seriously; what's an emission sticker? Some kind of ''document'' that bike is legal for street use regarding emissions?(we don't have sticker in EU, but there are different ways)

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See, this kind of problems you get when you buy F4!:violin:

Seriously; what's an emission sticker? Some kind of ''document'' that bike is legal for street use regarding emissions?(we don't have sticker in EU, but there are different ways)
:laughing:

It's a sticker on the bike that says it complies with State and Federal laws, or something like that. It's especially important here in California because it actually says it's "California compliant", or else you cannot register the bike and get a license plate.

They basically denied me the registration (eventhough I got a 2 month temporary one) because the sticker says it's for the model year 2003. Title says it's a 2004. Since some of it is actually missing, you can't tell if it says "2003 and newer" or what.

Too bad it's not a '06, or else I'd use the sticker that's on the Brutale. :jerkoff:

·
Administrator
20,408 Posts
You can probably get a letter from MVAgustaUSA stating which model year bikes are 50 state compliant, even VIN ranges. That should do the trick, sticker or not.

·
Registered
521 Posts
From what I understand, it is something like the European COC (certificate of conformity). I needed that to register my bike, and the dealer requested it from Italy. A few days later I had it. Try talking to the dealer, or the official U.S importer. They should be able to help you.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Or, you might be able to borrow a tailsection from a black MV in the SJ area. Hmmm who do we know that might have one?

·
Administrator
20,408 Posts
What do they look like i may have one or can possibly get one ;-)
USA EPA compliance stickers are not seen on bikes shipped to other countries. Our EPA has very specific regulations. A manufacturer can get fined if they just make a simple mistake on the sticker, even if the actual engine is compliant.
Yamaha once had to spend a bunch of bucks to go out and put new stickers on a batch of machines sold in California because they had the wrong stickers, even though the engines were California spec. Fine for not doing that was huge, plus the machines would all have to be repurchased and shipped out of California.....crazy stuff like that actually goes on.....mostly in California :stir:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Another problem for residents of the People's Republic of California.

Julio, move to my town, I'll introduce you to the County Tag and Title agent who's a personal friend of mine, pay your $25.00, and get your new title. ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts