Discussion Starter #1

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
When I take mine in for services, they detail it for me. or at least get it as clean as I think I would like it.

so I'll keep doing this until a) i run out of carbon bits and other upgrade opportunities or b) I run out of money.

ok, fine, so i'll pay attention to this thread to see what people actually do....

:conveyer:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I use water :crazyeyes . Our water out here isn't particularly high quality though. If I go to the car wash, they use soft water which is nice. I shoot it with a gun at the car wash once in a while, but I don't pull the "trigger" so it's always really low pressure.

I wipe it down with Honda cleaner wax which is nice stuff.

I can't even believe I do that much though... I'm not a "washer".

One thing I do want to do which is sorta related to detailing is clean the pipes. Mine have nicks and are sort of strange colored. I remember when Pete (Velocemoto) had a spill he polished his pipes with fine sandpaper and metal polish. I figure that should make them look good again.

Anyone had any luck with cleaning the "poo" off under the tail section where exhaust fumes color the paint? I scrub it hard and it sort of comes off but not all the way.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Anyone had any luck with cleaning the "poo" off under the tail section where exhaust fumes color the paint? I scrub it hard and it sort of comes off but not all the way.
good question.

somehow my dealer gets it off. i don't know how they do it. will try to ask. My tail is mostly white....so goes brown fairly quickly.... not so nice.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
good question.

somehow my dealer gets it off. i don't know how they do it. will try to ask. My tail is mostly white....so goes brown fairly quickly.... not so nice.....
I use this:

Zymol cleaner wax and it comes right off.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
My F4 is "bathed" in the drool of bikers riding lessor machines...

then "showered" in praise by the rest of the world.

I then buff the finish with my very soul utill I can see my reflection in the carbon.

but I used to just use car wax.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
thanks rramseyr!

How about the pipes?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
greylola said:
My F4 is "bathed" in the drool of bikers riding lessor machines...

then "showered" in praise by the rest of the world.

I then buff the finish with my very soul utill I can see my reflection in the carbon.

but I used to just use car wax.

:laughing: :koolaid:

·
Registered
398 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
thanks rramseyr!

How about the pipes?

Mothers Metal Polish
or
Billet Polish

Attachments

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Here's some good info on the subject from an earlier thread...

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1076&page=1&pp=10&highlight=meguiars

I keep my bike well detailed and clean/detail it after every ride....yes the wheels too :) I use Meguiars products, Nxt Gen Speed detailer which is a waterless cleaner that works very well and also use their NxtGen Tech wax Liquid. I use only microfibre cloths for cleaning and for waxing use the provided sponge applicator followed by microfibre for polishing. To combat the many light scratches and swirls...most of which were on my bike when I purchased it...and the new ones that seem to appear every time it comes back form a the shop :rant: I use ScratchX (which must be followed by a wax) it seems to work well but after a few cleans the old swirling seems to reappear ... :nutkick: :conveyer: :ahhh: ...

Now I just need to get past the issue I have with putting clear film on the nose so I can do something about the stone chips I'm racking up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm a big fan of Zymol products. I wash with CLEAR ( http://www.zymol.com/clear2.htm ) then wax with CARBON (which is for dark colors). Personally i dont mind the time it takes since it's take me about 1 hour total to wash and wax (30 min each separated by a minimum of 3 hours between). After the wax my bike is like new.. well.. it is new.. so.. it'll stay like that. I've used this product on my cars too and has always produced excellent results.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I wash mine with washing up detergent if I haven't got anything else, me thinks that if it makes the glasses shine so well then maybe it's not so bad for the bike.

I take the fairing off and spray everything with WD 40 so it protects it from the savage winter we have had down here and puts a thin film on everything! I will see if it keeps all the cadmium coated parts looking new over time!!

I also use Mr Sheen but I don't like rubbing the paint especially the tank cos that scratches it!!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TokyoLunch said:
When I take mine in for services, they detail it for me. or at least get it as clean as I think I would like it.

so I'll keep doing this until a) i run out of carbon bits and other upgrade opportunities or b) I run out of money.

ok, fine, so i'll pay attention to this thread to see what people actually do....

:conveyer:
LOL....
i can't tell you how many times i've ridden away from spending WAY TOO MCUH money in service... happy that they've at least cleaned my bike better than i usually would

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20