MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Found this really helpful Dave Moss video on YouTube on how to properly setup your controls (handlebars, levels, foot controls and rear sets).

It is based on a F3 800 , but I'm sure the same applies to the other bikes.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys,

Maybe a stupid question, but let me ask it anyway.

When changing the left hand side clip-on, is it advisable to order a new left grip from MV or is the old grip removable and re-usable? Obviously not an issue on the RHS as the grip is part of the RBW.

·
Administrator
19,846 Posts
When changing the left hand side clip-on, is it advisable to order a new left grip from MV or is the old grip removable and re-usable? Obviously not an issue on the RHS as the grip is part of the RBW.
No such thing as stupid questions. You can safely remove the left grip by inserting a small thin screwdriver, spraying brake clean under the grip, and working the screwdriver around to break the seal while pulling it off.
Then apply grip glue, or other adhesive, onto the bar and inside the grip and push it on to reinstall.
You can also use superglue....but you have to work really fast or it will stick before you get it all the way on and will be ruined trying to get it back off.

Reactions: PTsalas

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No such thing as stupid questions. You can safely remove the left grip by inserting a small thin screwdriver, spraying brake clean under the grip, and working the screwdriver around to break the seal while pulling it off.
Then apply grip glue, or other adhesive, onto the bar and inside the grip and push it on to reinstall.
You can also use superglue....but you have to work really fast or it will stick before you get it all the way on and will be ruined trying to get it back off.
Thanks for the quick reply!

·
Administrator
19,846 Posts
or use an air compressor with a flat tip to insert underneath and blow in air to get it off
I've used that technique on closed end grips (dirt bikes and old school street bikes) but you risk stretching the grip too much.
And on an open end grip like the MV has it isn't quite as easy.

·
Registered
868 Posts
or use an air compressor with a flat tip to insert underneath and blow in air to get it off
Allways did that on all the grips when changing handlebars, and works like a charm to remove the grip and to put it back without soap (and by the way, I never had to put glue to fix the grips)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts