MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume one cylinder is used as a base line then the other two are adjusted to that cyclinder.
Which cyclinder are the other two adjusted to match? I assume cylinder #1.
Is the air screw set a certain amount out on the base line cylinder such as 1/2 turn?
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#1 was closed, 2 was at about 1/2 and 3 at about 1/4.
I set #1 at 1/2. I'm not sure where 2 and 3 ended up but 3/4 or less. I was too focused on getting it done. I probably should have written it down.

·
Super Moderator
21,445 Posts
@Banned: that seems like the common factory set up. How does the bike run now?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It runs much smoother now at lower rpm. Not perfect, but much better. I knew going in when I bought the bike that fueling would be an issue so any improvement is welcome.

·
Registered
565 Posts
No one in Italy cares about what the bike does at idle! I wonder if the screws are adjusted based on bench flow? I guess no matter what as the bike breaks in those screws need adjusting anyway. Thanks for the info @Banned

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
My Rivale stalled. A lot. New map didn't help. The #1 air screw was closed. Fixed the stalling issue when my technician balanced them. Per another member's suggestion and a little research, it was apparently the practice of a couple of manufacturers to close the #1 for emissions testing purposes. Not sure if that is what MV was trying to accomplish, but the technician said he had never seen one closed like that, from the factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts