MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi Sam
I moved your post to this section so others would also see this, this is not just a Dragster issue, all the 3-cyl bikes with q/shifters are similar.
Adjusting the length will not affect the sensor. There's three places where this adjustment can be done, undo the lock nuts, keep in mind that you're dealing with left and right hand threads. It will become clear once you undo the lock nuts and start rotating the extension rod.
All you have to do is mark exactly where your gear lever is before you start adjusting, and do not force the rods into the q/s sensor. Make sure you leave enough (+/- 10mm) of thread for grip and strength inside the end units.
Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
these are from a Rizoma manual but should be the same for OEM parts. The nuts marked in red are loosened, the shift rod turned to get the desired location and then the nuts retightened. Don't forget that one end is a left hand thread (marked with a 'line' in the rod) and the other end a normal right hand thread

Rizoma003c.jpg

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'd suggest that you go for a short ride to see whether the location is where you want it. I just put rear sets on my F3 and whilst sitting on the bike in the lounge room (that's my workshop) the position was fine but found it not quite right when actually riding. It may even be worthwhile taking the spanners on the ride and adjust as you go..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts