MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No room for a regular sized flat blade screw driver.
How is everyone changing the rebound and compression the rear shock ?

·
Super Moderator
24,103 Posts
This is what they show in the manual...long screwdriver at an angle.
Looking at your pictures, I would think it would help to have someone lift,or push down on, the tail in order to shift the location of the shift linkage.

·
Registered
146 Posts
No room for a regular sized flat blade screw driver.
How is everyone changing the rebound and compression the rear shock ? View attachment 487654 View attachment 487655
I use a small flathead screwdriver, like from an electronics repair kit or a jewelers screwdriver for both of them. The upper one you have to angle a little to access the adjuster but it’s not hard to do once you figure out the approach angle. The bottom one isn’t an issue, even with a normal flathead.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what they show in the manual...long screwdriver at an angle.
Looking at your pictures, I would think it would help to have someone lift,or push down on, the tail in order to shift the location of the shift linkage.

View attachment 487657
Thanks! Looks like they are using a thin screw driver. Btw, is that picture from the service manual ?
I don't see it in the owners manual.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a small flathead screwdriver, like from an electronics repair kit or a jewelers screwdriver for both of them. The upper one you have to angle a little to access the adjuster but it’s not hard to do once you figure out the approach angle. The bottom one isn’t an issue, even with a normal flathead.
Sounds good will try that! I just bought a right angle 1/4 inch ratchet screw driver to try also.

·
Super Moderator
24,103 Posts
Thanks! Looks like they are using a thin screw driver. Btw, is that picture from the service manual ?
I don't see it in the owners manual.
That picture was from the Owner's Manual. Section 5.8.1, page 135 in the Adjustments section.

·
Registered
422 Posts
if it helps, try lifting the rear of the bike (paddock stand) or put weight on it to compress so that the suspension linkages move and allow easier access

·
Super Moderator
24,103 Posts
@GeorgeO: Lifting the rear ona paddock stand will not change geometry as the bike weight is still being supported by the suspension.

You need to have a buddy lift the weight off the suspension by lifting the rear subframe.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sky lift is awesome.

But it doesn't really help with the compression screw on the top which is the trickier one to get to, although neither are that hard to get at with a normal screwdriver with the bike on the sidestand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if it helps, try lifting the rear of the bike (paddock stand) or put weight on it to compress so that the suspension linkages move and allow easier access
Yes had my son sit on the rear seat, that helped a bit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@GeorgeO: Lifting the rear ona paddock stand will not change geometry as the bike weight is still being supported by the suspension.

You need to have a buddy lift the weight off the suspension by lifting the rear subframe.....
I do need a paddock stand or better yet a Bursig type stand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sky lift is awesome.
View attachment 487764

View attachment 487765

But it doesn't really help with the compression screw on the top which is the trickier one to get to, although neither are that hard to get at with a normal screwdriver with the bike on the sidestand.
View attachment 487766
View attachment 487767
Awesome!
I think I am going to get this over the Bursig.
With the adapter for the Bursig, it's over 700$.
The sky lift seems more versatile and is about 700$ in the US.
I have used an Abba stand before for my B4 but not the skylift.
Thanks for the pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts