MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I've spent the last couple of hours doing. All that's left now is to have the PC-III fitted, which I'll leave for the experts.

BTW - I hadn't yet washed the bike when I took these! :)

After the old chain guard was removed:

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aussie MV said:
Very nice John, keeping up with the Jones's eh.. :laughing: So whats next, you have the bug now.
I don't think ANYONE will keep up with you. eMoto must be thinking of starting an Oz outlet just to service your needs! :)

I don't know what's next - although the seats will be high up on the list. Any recommendations?

BTW - how was the ride today? Are you going to post a ride report?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sventekoz,

I share your joy and excitement with all this MV stuff... seriously! Apart from your hugger being a little light/lite in the sneakers.... KIDDING!!

K(!)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sventekoz said:
I don't think ANYONE will keep up with you. eMoto must be thinking of starting an Oz outlet just to service your needs! :)

I don't know what's next - although the seats will be high up on the list. Any recommendations?

BTW - how was the ride today? Are you going to post a ride report?

I am actually thinking of moving over to the UK and living with Geoff and the boys. :laughing: As far as the seats go, I will let you know what the Gladio seats are like when they arrive and I have had a go on them. Geoff did tell me they are making a gel seat but I like the Gladio seats. I have ordered the pillion seat fpr Roberta as well.

The ride today was great I forgot to take the camera though so thats about my report. It's only 44 degrees here at the moment so I am glad I went this morning.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The hugger looks great. I ordered the "new style" like the on the F4's that does not include a chain guard and is slightly longer than yours. Quite honestly I like yours better, good choice.

44 degrees! That is toasty. Is that a sweaty high humidity Orlando, Florida 44 celsius or a nice dry 44 like the desert southwest USA?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rents said:
Sventekoz - come to Adelaide and we'll get rid of those rear chicken strips of yours :naughty:
I know! I know! I was going to photoshop them out! :)

They'll be gone soon!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very good job,the rear hugger looks good,Do you try the steering damper?It works?I need one,I'm deciding between the Matris and the rotative Ohlins.

·
Registered
512 Posts
mvcorse said:
The hugger looks great. I ordered the "new style" like the on the F4's that does not include a chain guard and is slightly longer than yours. Quite honestly I like yours better, good choice.

44 degrees! That is toasty. Is that a sweaty high humidity Orlando, Florida 44 celsius or a nice dry 44 like the desert southwest USA?
Unfortunatley 44 degrees celsius and it goes as high as 48 and stays there.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Sventekoz said:
Here's what I've spent the last couple of hours doing. All that's left now is to have the PC-III fitted, which I'll leave for the experts.

BTW - I hadn't yet washed the bike when I took these! :)

After the old chain guard was removed:

most excellent
the rear CF hugger is gorgeous
i have NO idea why i haven't ordered one yet
the Matris is fantastic...
looks great, and you will LOVE how it works

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Baylissrules said:
Very good job,the rear hugger looks good,Do you try the steering damper?It works?I need one,I'm deciding between the Matris and the rotative Ohlins.
Thanks! I haven't tested the damper yet, so I can't really say. In terms of deciding between the two, if they both achieve the same outcome then I'd go for the Matris just because it looks so good! :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aussie MV said:
Unfortunatley 44 degrees celsius and it goes as high as 48 and stays there.
Ahhh - that's nothin'. It's hotter in my oven... :)

As I said to you the other day, it takes me back to my times in Marble Bar. Now that's hot!

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spalding12 said:
most excellent
the rear CF hugger is gorgeous
i have NO idea why i haven't ordered one yet
the Matris is fantastic...
looks great, and you will LOVE how it works
Thanks Greg! BTW - what setting do you have your Matris on (and anyone else for that matter)? I've set mine to 9 for the moment. I haven't tested it out at all, but it doesn't seem to do much at that setting...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Sventekoz said:
Thanks Greg! BTW - what setting do you have your Matris on (and anyone else for that matter)? I've set mine to 9 for the moment. I haven't tested it out at all, but it doesn't seem to do much at that setting...
funny you should ask
the manual says "start on 6"
i have mine on 12

if one were to examine the PHYSICS of the design...
because of the way that the Matris CONNECTS to OUR bike....
there is LITTLE MECHANICAL ADVANTAGE....
so, a LOT of bar movement yields VERY LITTLE dampner movement
i am afraid that this is a classic case of "form over function"

in other words.... i'm NOT at all convinced that the Matris will do that much
of course.... i hope to never FIND THAT OUT for myself :jsm:

someone here must be an engineer and can speak about my (and your) concerns more intelligently

i have studied the way that OTHER dampners are put on bikes...
and our's is quite unique

does this make any sense to you?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Greg, put the Matris on the hardest setting then proceed to drop your bike in the driveway from the stiff handlebars!

No don't do that, but do try to crank the bars on the hardest setting, you may be surprised.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
spalding12 said:
funny you should ask
the manual says "start on 6"
i have mine on 12

if one were to examine the PHYSICS of the design...
because of the way that the Matris CONNECTS to OUR bike....
there is LITTLE MECHANICAL ADVANTAGE....
so, a LOT of bar movement yields VERY LITTLE dampner movement
i am afraid that this is a classic case of "form over function"

in other words.... i'm NOT at all convinced that the Matris will do that much
of course.... i hope to never FIND THAT OUT for myself :jsm:

someone here must be an engineer and can speak about my (and your) concerns more intelligently

i have studied the way that OTHER dampners are put on bikes...
and our's is quite unique

does this make any sense to you?
It's probably something to do with the speed sensitivity - easy to move at low speed, very difficult at high speed (the damper piston that is). You're right, though - I'd rather not test it... :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts