MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the big attractions for me for the B 800 is its height & weight. Being around 5'5 I can finally feel comfortable holding the bike up in a howling gale waiting at the lights. I dropped my 990 a couple of times turning it slowly with steering locked.
I'm wandering what height is the average buyer of these 675 & 800 Brutale. The Rivale is too tall for me.
Do taller fellas find these 800s etc to small.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Speed triple before the 990R was high and top heavy too. I often felt I was going to drop it when standing still in a gale.
The 800 looks quite small which I thought would be off putting for larger guys. It handles nice though and goes off like a rocket. It's great to be able to change modes so easily compared to the crazy setup of the larger Brutales. I can even reset my trip meter with the push of a button. Try resetting on the B4's, I just gave up on it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Once you get the sequence down the trip reset isn't all that bad.

Changing modes is much more simple, just hit the starter button while it's running.

Either way, having a 990 myself (6'0") I find the B800 very small underneath me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm 5'8" with a 33" inseam. I sit flat footed with my knees slightly bent. Having grown up on dirt bikes, the low seat height of the Brutale feels very secure for me. For long rides she can start feeling a little cramped, but that's what stops or standing up are for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
5'5" here. I can get both toes down or one foot flat on flat ground. Haven't had an issue with height
Ditto, I'm 5'5" too and find the bike just perfect. The light weight makes it easy to balance even though only my toes are touching down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts