MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im planning my major 12000km service, dealer is planning to charge 7 hours labour for it so Im going to do it myself. Just some questions:

I see in the manual that fuel hoses should be replaced every three years. My bike is just about to touch three years now so do you guys do it? Looking at the prices, they cost an arm and leg and haven't been packaged together as a wear and tear item (have to purchase each and every one separately)

Do you replace the nuts when taking off the sprocket? I plan to do the cush driver rubbers too.

Those that have inspected the head bearings and swing arm bearings, did they have enough grease in them? I remember my dirtbikes never had enough grease from the factory. Is it the same case here?

Any recommended spark plug other than the manual? Im looking at the NGK CR9EIB-9 which is the iridium plugs.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I'll leave the other service items for the F3 owners, but you don't replace the sprocket bolts when doing cush drive rubbers, you don't even have to undo them, and if you are replacing the sprocket, just re-use the bolts and nuts.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My B800 has 12.5k miles on clock, recently stripped off fuel tank to replace battery and starter cables for heavy duty quality copper replacements. While it was apart I did inspect all the fuel hose looking for splits or deterioration.

Everything was fine, no issues, so suggest you inspect and only replace if you see something wrong.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've had a couple of bikes with swingarm grease points and a) they never had enough grease in them from the factory and b) the dealer never greased them on service. I always checked and what came out always looked old.
None of these bikes were MVs though. All kawasakis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts