• It is my living room artwork

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
translation please

what does " I switch off" mean in relation to how often I ride my MV? Sorry if I am missing some profound pop culture reference here. I have an MV F4SR and a Ducati ST3. I ride my MV when I want some hard riding fun on the mountain twisties and the ST3 for commuting and for touring......

DocMV :p

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you want to get technical, maybe I should make the "always for the hard riding, and not the light stuff" type of response. But i guess - switch off will do for now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm from France and I bought my Brutale S last week. I ride it from time to time with my '99 S1 Lightning.
Unfortunately I work far from home and I don't have the opportunity to ride it as often as I'd like to.
My bike is parked 500 kms far from where I live. Many thanks for the video "Brutale S acceleration", it reminds me of the sound of my brand new jewel.
In 15 days I'll be able to put my ass on its seat. Looking forward to it!! ;)
Many thanks for your extremely well done website!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I ride my MV every chance I get. When it isn't raining I will be on my bike. I put on 500+ miles during the Laguna week. I love my bike, I just have to get some gel padding on the seat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greylola

greylola said:
4,600 miles in 4 weeks on my F4, yeah I use it.
Just curious ,did you ever wake and think I have to get on that bike.How many straight days were you in the saddle?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Its therapeutic. :cool: Go out feeling tired, listless come back exilarated. :smoking: I get a buzz everytime I ride my MV.! :guitarist

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Well, it's not really my only bike, but it may as well be.
But blech, 140+ days without rain, and when I plan a 300 mile ride to finish the break-in -- record rainfall! :bawling:

·
Registered
124 Posts
They make a gel pad that will go right on top the current seat. I used it on my old CBR900RR when I toured the entire USA on it in '99'. It was nice to switch it out. Changed the contact points on my arse.
My everyday bike is an ST1300A and then ride my CBR 929 on occasion.. well mine would be kept in the living room if I could.... well you know those wives... :cool:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
With over 300 days of sunshine in Brisbane, there aint much excuse, but every weekend for me, I have WR450 Yamaha for off road fun, Suzuki GSX-750R just because its the best balance of weight and power and its just plain fast and the AGO will be with me soon, planets aligning.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
agusta01 said:
With over 300 days of sunshine in Brisbane, there aint much excuse, but every weekend for me, I have WR450 Yamaha for off road fun, Suzuki GSX-750R just because its the best balance of weight and power and its just plain fast and the AGO will be with me soon, planets aligning.
When the Ago comes to live at your house Graham are you trading your current F4 or are you keeping that too? With 300 days of sun how many of the non sunny days does it actually rain in Brisbane? Do they need any train drivers over there?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John, only reason I dont have the Ago now is I don't want to trade my F4, want both!! :)
I have a deposit down on it so if someone is really interested I will then be forced to trade in the F4 to make sure I get it!

Plan is to stave off all comers until end financial year and then I can have both!!

The Ago has always been my dream, is just darn expensive in reality!

As for rain....we are in drought in Queensland, have been for some years! Sure it rains, but summer thunderstorms usually...pretty much sub-tropical climate, but the best thing is the rain is predictable, you can go out riding sure that the MV will not ever taste rain!! (or snow as in your case :laughing: )

Train drivers are always welcome, just dont bring the weather!!

But if you want to live in Aus, go to where chino lives.....now thats gods country...and the roads....ahhhh

·
Registered
96 Posts
agusta01 said:
But if you want to live in Aus, go to where chino lives.....now thats gods country...and the roads....ahhhh
:king: Not wrong there Graham!!

Unfortunately I find myself spending too much time in Brisbane now, while my bike sits waiting for me in the carpark on the Coast. I haven't ridden for nearly a month now. :bawling:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
When we do get good weather, this place is fantastic for biking, but the season can be short when you have to fit in work and other commitments. I only managed to do about 1800 - 2000 miles last year on my Evo III. :cross: The plan is (when I retire) to migrate south like the birds do I suppose, between October and March, get a second home in a warmer climate area, haven't decided where yet. But I will always keep a base here, cos despite our cold damp winters, it can be glorious in the UK on a warm July afternoon. Thinking about it, I would then have to have 2 MV's. One here and one at my winter home. If I could do it tomorrow, I'd keep my F4 here and have a 910R at my other house. Isn't dreaming great. :zzz:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Being in Brisbane too it is pretty much every weekend for me. Variations of Mt Mee, Mt Glorius, Somerset, Springbook, Lions Rd, Canungra etc etc. So many roads and so little time!! Am trying very hard to wear it out so I can move from Brutale S to 910R!!! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
MV4ME said:
Being in Brisbane too it is pretty much every weekend for me. Variations of Mt Mee, Mt Glorius, Somerset, Springbook, Lions Rd, Canungra etc etc. So many roads and so little time!! Am trying very hard to wear it out so I can move from Brutale S to 910R!!! :)
I've heard alot of Canungra and Lions Rd, but I don't know anywhere south of Woodford riding roads wise. Maybe we need to do a mva.net Brisbane ride out next month so I can learn some of the roads down here!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Chino. Happy to hook up and check out the Canungra, Glorius, Springbrook, Lions Rd and Mt Lindsay Hwy roads. They are awesome and MV "heaven". I am based in north Brisbane and often do a 500 km day ride through these roads. Just awesome and gets me through another week at work! I often ride with some mates with Brutales and KTM 990s and other stuff if you are interested!

·
Registered
96 Posts
MV4ME - for sure! My weekends are looking to be a little less busy in April, so I'll definately take you up on that then!

agusta01, Vixen, anyone else in Brisbane keen for a MV ride?? :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts