MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcycles can be the only thing I think about for hours, days and weeks. I'm often in social, business and even some biker situations where I have to refrain from "talking bikes". If I do, I'll find myself talking to blank eyes. Most people just don't have the interest or don't get it anyway. Do you guys feel or experience the same thing? I know Greg does but he's off the factory supplied "stoke" scale anyway. :ahhh:

I'm wondering... How do you cope with the urge to talk bikes, front wheel sizes, suspension, "My Bike", what to buy next, all of it? How do YOU do it? I need some professional help here before I get thrown out of the next neighborhood party!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
i'm glad you posted this question as we discussed it earlier.
i have had a passion for bikes since i can remember (which folks have quickly figured out here)
but, i have few friends with whom i can converse about riding.
as a physician, i have some folks i know who ride harleys for show..... and really have no idea about riding or bikes..... and are happy to dress up, ride 7 miles and stand around all night in a smokey environment looking at 2,000 bikes in the heat.

i spend a lot of time at my dealership..... and there are a lot of folks there who ride A GREAT NUMBER of miles on their BMWs, etc... and i enjoy talking to them.

in my 2 office, i have 24 women who work for me... none ride/none have husbands who ride.... and all ridicule me for doing so (or don't care at all one way or the other).

now you know why i spend SO MUCH TIME on this website, talking about this amazing bike i have YET to see in person, let alone ride (i have ridden the 910S, remember, but have ordered the "R")

what about the rest of you?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know a guy, Carl E (MAV, you know him) who could talk of nothing more than his downhill Mt. Bikes and races. I think he lost all his friends.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean? Technical Mountain Bikes. Gearing, sprockets, shocks, all the stuff we are into? :crazyeyes

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hi my name is Chris and I`m a Brutaleholic and I havent spoke of my bike in 2 hours. Oops. Just fell off the wagon.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
I know exactly how you guys feel about bikes, whether it is specifically mine or bikes in general. My mom and soon to be wife think i am out of my mind but if you ask me i am just dedicated to motorcycles. my question to everyone that doesn't think about bikes all the time is "what's wrong with you?!?!" there are not many things out there that give you the fredom and relaxsation that motorcycles give. there isn't more than a 5 minute span throughout the day that bikes aren't on my mind. if only i got paid for how much i thought about bikes!!! i just think people are envious b/c they don't have anything in their life that they care/think about as much as all us bikes nuts love bikes!!! Just my two cents. :koolaid:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greeneggs&ham said:
I know exactly how you guys feel about bikes, whether it is specifically mine or bikes in general. My mom and soon to be wife think i am out of my mind but if you ask me i am just dedicated to motorcycles. my question to everyone that doesn't think about bikes all the time is "what's wrong with you?!?!" there are not many things out there that give you the fredom and relaxsation that motorcycles give. there isn't more than a 5 minute span throughout the day that bikes aren't on my mind. if only i got paid for how much i thought about bikes!!! i just think people are envious b/c they don't have anything in their life that they care/think about as much as all us bikes nuts love bikes!!! Just my two cents. :koolaid:
Great post but whatever you do, do not marry your mother. :rant:

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Alright alright, i should have thrown a comma in there or something like that. For the record i am not marrying my mother, and secondly i am not going anywhere. This site is almost as theraputic as my bike, and checking it all day for new things to talk about keeps me going sometimes. This whole working thing was never really explained that well when i was in college!!! :mad: all i can do is just ride!

:koolaid: and of course drink Koolaid(with vodka in it!!!)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
my wife tried to enroll me in a 12-step program. i told her i don't have a problem.

on a more serious note, i think she does get a little upset. according to her, it will take me 3 months to hang a picture. but if the MV needed a piston ring, i'd be up for 3 days straight, with little to no sleep or food, getting that done.

she's probably right.

but what can i say? i like this damn hobby/sport/lifestyle.

alex

ps - just go back from laguna. you want sportbike heaven? that's it. you can talk to anyone there about bikes, and they get it.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
for anyone that is a sportbike enthusiast, you should really try to go to the usgp. the entire 3 days of the event is nothing but sporbikes, from the racing, riders, vendors, nightlife, and fans, it’s top to bottom sportbike saturation.

you’ll probably never see a higher concentration of like minded people grouped together in the USA for sportbikes.

alex

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
there isn't more than a 5 minute span throughout the day that bikes aren't on my mind.
So between bikes and sex, is there anything else to think about? :hitit: .....I think not :smoking:

·
Registered
257 Posts
All my friends have bikes, so no problem there.

My GF got used to it.

Work (I work in a chemical plant with lots of soccer fans) I 've learned to minimize the time that I talk about bikes.

·
Registered
583 Posts
All I think about are bikes and now that I am living in North Carolina(land-o-walmart) there isnt as many bike guys like when I was in Texas. Thank God I can get my bike fix her so when I get to work I can talk about work once or twice today. One of officers today said he heard I had a bike. I was supprised to find a another person who enjoyed Motorcycles..... turns out hes a Harley guy had no clue what I was talking about when I said MV or single sided swing arm or got in to tires or exhaust. I found Harley guys know about chrome or sitting around the bike or how to keep it in a garage, but have no clue about performance. I guess thats why when you go to harley shop they have shirts and glasses and games and models and some chrome odds and ends. Then some where hidden in the corner is for performance that no one there is intreastead in.... sad.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
it's the worst when you are wanting to buy, about to buy, or waiting for delivery. you can't stop thinking about it, talking about it, reading about it, etc, etc.
well, that's my current problem anyway.

i work with a few guys who are into bikes, so that sorta works. the people who work directly with me just deal with it. i'm trying not to tell too many that I want 'another one'. Most don't get that.

it's a sickness. could be worse. I guess. :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
I agree I cant stand waiting for parts. I think if I livied near a shop I would do allot more impulse buying. I want some new rims so bad but then again I really want to buy a 999s again so bad so everytime I think of ordering the rims I want from MV or getting a full exhaust system I think of a new 999s. It helps a little but last week I caved..... I ordered a ti mid pipe and eprom to elimnate the cat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts