MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Didn't see it, but I live up here. The weather has been weird, first it snows, then totally melts, then snows again, gets compacted into ice, warms up during the day and then freezes again at night, snows again on top of the ice, warms up and starts melting during the day and again freezes at night. This has all happened within 2 weeks. Fortunately, I've been able to work from home, so I haven't been out there with all the accidents and icy roads. There were a lot of abandoned cars on the freeways, ditches, sidewalks. There are a lot of hills around here, and with the ice, it's made it quite impossible for any vehicles to get anywhere.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This video showed someone hitting 6 or 7 cars while sliding from one corner of an intersection to another .... to another ... to another .... it was like bumper cars for several minutes. It must be tough to have to deal with that on a daily basis this season. Good luck!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is that down hill or were they still driving? It looked like they were under power the whole time especially as they even started to push multiple cars in front of them?

John

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the link twoeleven.

There were countless warnings about going out in these conditions, recommendations about staying home. I'm so glad I didn't have to drive. I know the body shops and car rental places are going to have a lot of business for a while. Insurance rates are going to go up also. Can you imagine the entire west side of Washington and I'm sure a great part of Oregon was like this? Complete disaster!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts