MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
This is my personal opinion, i'm not trying to offend anyone here :)
Things move on i'm afraid, at the moment all the ltd edition MV's secondhand don't seem to make the money they deserve, there's a chap trying to sell an AGO in the UK. it's been on e-bay twice and only reached £9600 (£21000 new in the UK), and is in MCN for £18000, at this early age you need to remember a few things, the AGO will now be out of warranty, it will not be as good a bike as the current 1000R, and it will be more expensive.
I think you should enjoy the bike for what it is, the Starfighter is one real beautifull :heart: bike, and I would love one in my garage.
There was recently a Honda VFR750R for sale in the UK, BRAND new,0 miles, never ridden, I think it sold for £20000 :jsm: but you need to ask yourself what would happen to the value if you used it?

I think for a serious collector looking for MV's in twenty years it would need to be an "Oro" or "Tamburini" and then with zero miles and only used as an exhibit, don't forget, there may be no fuel in twenty years :jsm: hence i'm gonna use as much of it as I can before it's gone :later:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
i agree
i don't expect my Brutale 910R to be worth anything in 20 years
and i don't have the kind of garage where i can store 10 bikes
i have always liked the "latest and greatest" so i know that i will not be keeping an old bike for nostalgic reasons... hoping to sell it one day

i buy bikes to ride them... because i enjoy them TODAY...
i don't EVER think of bikes in terms of what they might be worth one day....
maybe that isn't bright... but, it is the honest truth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll give my opinion on this in an example.

How much was Burt Munro's Indian worth to HIM 20 years later? Or even 40 years later?

That's pretty much how I feel about the MV. I know that's not really the answer you were looking for.

I think they won't hold their value super well, but who knows? I didn't buy it for a monetary investment, I bought it for a personal investment.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Give the cost of inflation within 20 years, I'd say $10,000 or $4,000 in today's money. :)

What? It's not like it's Jay Leno's turbine bike. :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OBVIOUSLY i didnt buy as an investment either...... just seeing if these will hold some substantial worth financially........ of course its a toy.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think they will depreciate a little less than other bikes and limited production models will do a little better. :conveyer:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
as everything else, it will be worth what someone is welling to pay for it. my guess is an R7 will be worth more than an MV of the same year. only because it was not a mass production bike. mass production cuts long term value. but you can be sure it will be worth more than any other sports bike at that time. i had to say sports bike because i'm sure some harley out there will hold it's value better.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know a guy that is trying to sell his R7 for more than a year now. He started at 20000€ a year ago. Now he wants 11000€ but still no one wants it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like what was said above I bought my MV because I like the bikes(engineering art at it's finest). I usually buy previously owned ones because as most things they drop in value rapidly(I think because of the lastest thing is the coolest). I had been looking for a SP01 for a couple of years(I'm addicted to carbon HaHa) Finally found one, the individual had 35000.00 invested in this great machine, bike+kit+TI header/exhaust but I only paid 15,000.00 and they only produced 50 of these! and I'm sure it will be worth less in a few more years because it won't be the lastest and greatest. Anyway I don't think there will much value in 20 year old MV but, then again I remember when a Ferrari GTO sold for 20,000.00 and now they are 10 million per copy. Regards, Vern

1 - 13 of 13 Posts