MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to my only local mv shop today hoping for a great deal on a leftover
brutale 750. They had three new, one slightly used. And a couple of 910's.
They offered to knock $1000 off msrp. I was thinking at least $2k off.
Usually when a brand out does itself one year to the next the dealer gets
stuck giving away the previouse year bike.I mean we don;t even know
from week to week if the brand still exists. Your average mv owner knows
way too much about the european stock situation.

How much do you think I should pay for new but OLD 750?

Also all the Brutales had a small puddle of coolant under them that the
sales guy pointed out what gives.

·
Site Sponsor
165 Posts
Well, I'd say if they have three old sitting there then they might move more on price. That is a lot of left overs.

I'm not so sure about haggling on these bikes though. You may be remembered as the guy that didn't want to pay what they want for the MV, not as the guy they sold that MV to.

When it comes time for service and buying parts where some discounts may be given usually you might not see them.

Just an opinion, and a way I usually handle my personal business. I follow this rule for real estate as well, it has helped me several times to pay what somebody is asking. It makes them feel satisfied and they remember that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't hagle thats not my style. I just asked if they had some good deals on
the 750's sitting there. It was still worth the trip I sat on a few exotic bikes
and drool over some more. There a lotus dealer to. I need $60k

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Mid 2005, MV was offering a dealer incentive. 2004s I believe were going for $10,999. But there was a deadline that the bike had to be sold by in order to get the incentive. That deadline passed, but that just goes to show that prices can vary.

Beaudry motorsports is advertising a 2004 for $10,299.
http://www.beaudrymotorsports.com/cgi/bmsinstock.pl

but then you have to see what they want for freight, setup, and delivery.

·
Site Sponsor
165 Posts
ktmbigfan said:
I didn't hagle thats not my style. I just asked if they had some good deals on
the 750's sitting there. It was still worth the trip I sat on a few exotic bikes
and drool over some more. There a lotus dealer to. I need $60k
Yeah, that Exige is sweet looking! Here is a photo of a modded elise that I took this past summer at the concorse italiano.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
ktmbigfan said:
Also all the Brutales had a small puddle of coolant under them that the
sales guy pointed out what gives.
Water pump seal, awaiting my second one, sorry waiting for me to take to dealer to get it changed, not a major problem, just a pain in the arse :cross:

·
Registered
878 Posts
From what I understand, many MV's leak a little fluid even on the show room floor. It's only due to the excess air traped in the resevoir when filled. After the air has completely worked it's way out, it should be no problem any more.

Even after service, when they fill the resvoir and top it off, you'll notice a little leak until it settles. You'll mostly notice the leak on your rear wheel as you ride.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I agree with other members comments re pushing too far to get a better price, there are some things in life that are absolutley made for haggling down the price, just not a new MV...

My last MV purchase had a offer of a new MV Jacket if your purchased the bike prior to a certain date, I bought the bike after the date, didn't even mention the jacket offer that I had just missed out on, but two weeks after the purchase, a new jacket arrived in the post with a letter from dealer thaking me for the purchases....

What goes arround, comes arround imo

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
agusta01 said:
I agree with other members comments re pushing too far to get a better price, there are some things in life that are absolutley made for haggling down the price, just not a new MV...

My last MV purchase had a offer of a new MV Jacket if your purchased the bike prior to a certain date, I bought the bike after the date, didn't even mention the jacket offer that I had just missed out on, but two weeks after the purchase, a new jacket arrived in the post with a letter from dealer thaking me for the purchases....

What goes arround, comes arround imo
I agree and thats a good example.

I dont like to haggle either but I have to question these dealer costs, assembly and freight etc. Why is it that only some charge them and others with the same dealerships dont?

·
Site Sponsor
165 Posts
Rockethouse said:
I agree and thats a good example.

I dont like to haggle either but I have to question these dealer costs, assembly and freight etc. Why is it that only some charge them and others with the same dealerships dont?
I think it is basically their choice, some are willing to eat the cost and not nock the price of the bike down and some will nock the price of the bike down and still charge freight/set-up. Two ways to accomplish the same thing. I don't know that for sure though, just speculation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts