MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, compared to a standard F4 or to the new F4 R??

It crossed my mind to try and get a Senna, but in terms of pure looks i prefer a standard F4 or the F4 R.

And if i'm right, the difference between a Senna and the new F4 R (besides some carbon bits) is the rear shock and that doesn't justify paying the big price difference......

Thoughts? :stickpoke

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
That could be said for the other limited editions too Tiago.

I had origninally planned to go for a Senna, but the fact I'd still probably not have it (Ben is still waiting for his) and that it was considerably more than a standard F4 1000, swayed my mind. :bawling: It's a horses for courses question really, I think Tamburini's look superb, but I could have my F4 AND a Brutale Limited edition in my overcrowded little garage for the same money. :)

·
Living the Dream
2,762 Posts
Going on pure looks alone i would get the F4R before forking out all the money for the Senna. You do make a good point about the small upgrades comparing the R to the Senna. I think i would like the Senna a little more if they did something else with the wheels. Those black brembo's on the R are awesome wheels! JMO

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
looks alone...hands down (The Tambo) between the two it's the Senna for me...and I wouldn't mind that rear shock too.

when you start talking value for for money the R is very attractive and I do like it more than when I first laid eyes on it but considering the color scheme of the bike I really don't like the color (black) of what would otherwise be very nice rims.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
john said:
That could be said for the other limited editions too Tiago.

I had origninally planned to go for a Senna, but the fact I'd still probably not have it (Ben is still waiting for his) and that it was considerably more than a standard F4 1000, swayed my mind. :bawling: It's a horses for courses question really, I think Tamburini's look superb, but I could have my F4 AND a Brutale Limited edition in my overcrowded little garage for the same money. :)

Good point...I think if somebody gave me the option on a Brutale AND an F4 or just a Tamburini....I'de go shoot myself in the face to save myself the agony of having to choose....

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
oicdn said:
Good point...I think if somebody gave me the option on a Brutale AND an F4 or just a Tamburini....I'de go shoot myself in the face to save myself the agony of having to choose....
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No need for a gun...that decision alone could make yuor head explode.

Tambo, no, yes, maybe yeah hang on, nah, but if I, then I could, but it would be...

insert scanners smilie... :)

Not a smilie but for those who might not have got the reference.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
MV-999R said:
I mean, compared to a standard F4 or to the new F4 R??

It crossed my mind to try and get a Senna, but in terms of pure looks i prefer a standard F4 or the F4 R.

And if i'm right, the difference between a Senna and the new F4 R (besides some carbon bits) is the rear shock and that doesn't justify paying the big price difference......

Thoughts? :stickpoke
I Like the R more than the senna (did not like him either, never forget he slapped Irvine, who is talking about control!?) You get same engine, same power, better, more beautifull wheels.
And considering you need parts (body panels or anything limited) You will have a lot of trouble to get them where standard material is easier to get from MV. Even Danielle, mv press officer confirms that!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, i just don't get why MV put some silver wheels on the Senna :wtf: :stickpoke

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pigiolino said:
Dont forget MARCHESINI (2400 euros).
Senna is "limited edition",and had so much value for the future...
I think is better Senna but not for race in circuit!!!!! :)

But the F4 R also have the Marchesini's.
And in black, which i prefer :naughty:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
For me, 1. Senna, 2. 1000R... I am just not crazy about the design of the 1000R, IMHO, it is the weakest paint scheme from MV yet.

If I have a lot more money and based on the appearance alone, comparing the 300 units limited F4 1000 bikes and kits it would be:

1.Tamburini
2. Senna 1000(also 750), Ago, SPR tied.
5. Mamba, SP01 tied
7. Corse
8. Veltro

did I forget any bike? Oh, Alkatrax's Monica special would be #1 for me :naughty: j/k

I love the original F4 silver & red, it is THE colors of MV, as you can see the Ago is very high on my list too.

I wasn't sure about the Tamburini when I first saw it in the magazine, but it is an absolutely stunning bike to look at in person in the sun light... I have a feeling that the Senna would stand out in person the same way.

BTW, I actually like Alkatraxx's white Veltro better than the original MV veltro.

Just my personal taste...

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
visually, i'd take the senna. realistically...i'd take the R. you can always get another set of plastics and repaint the thing. but the motor is what i'd be after.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:toothless
hb88xx said:
Superlights are from brembo! or was it one company owns the other?
Yep, it's the same.
I think Brembo owns Marchesini (or is it the other way around? :wtf: :toothless )

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
style_one said:
visually, i'd take the senna. realistically...i'd take the R. you can always get another set of plastics and repaint the thing. but the motor is what i'd be after.
As far as i know the motor is the same :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Rockethouse said:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No need for a gun...that decision alone could make yuor head explode.

insert scanners smilie... :)

Yeah, my head just exploded..... I want one of each AND a Bimota db5 and one of the new Ducati 4's (as per MotoGP)...... time for an bit of armed robbery and tax fraud.... :later: :later: :later: :later: :later:

Gotta put my aluminium foil hat back on........ :flickoff:

·
Registered
479 Posts
odonata said:
I wasn't sure about the Tamburini when I first saw it in the magazine, but it is an absolutely stunning bike to look at in person in the sun light... I have a feeling that the Senna would stand out in person the same way.
Interesting point. I was going to say the "R", but I thought the Tamburini was kinda ugly in the mags...and in person it is the most beautiful bike I've ever seen. I guess I'll withhold judgement until I see both in the flesh.

You forgot the SPR on your list. :stickpoke :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
luvtolean said:
Interesting point. I was going to say the "R", but I thought the Tamburini was kinda ugly in the mags...and in person it is the most beautiful bike I've ever seen. I guess I'll withhold judgement until I see both in the flesh.

You forgot the SPR on your list. :stickpoke :)
yes of course!! SPR... I will put it in.

I guess after I see all of them in person I will update my preference... the only limited edition bikes I have seen from that list are the Tamburini and Ago... :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts