MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ages and ages ago I put on CF panels on the lower half of my red/silver 02 F4, wrapped them in plastic, and placed them in storage. The belly pan has some chips and scratches on the underside from being bombarded with road debris but the side panels and injector covers are like new (one actually is NOS from Ferracci that replaced a scratched one).

My bikes never going to be a collector (already over 20k of what would count for "hard" miles), I prefer the red/black, am cleaning out the clutter, and could maybe fund some upgrades to the track bike so I am considering parting with them.

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts
They're worthless Ryan..... just let me haul them away and out of your hair. I won't even ask you to pay for the gas. :eek:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Worth what ever someone is willing to pay, over pricing has made me turn my back on them

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
I just had to price some stock panels for my F4 and they run about $750 new. They are going to be more difficult to find so if they are in good shape I would guess maybe half price for the new ones.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just had to price some stock panels for my F4 and they run about $750 new. They are going to be more difficult to find so if they are in good shape I would guess maybe half price for the new ones.
Eh, then probably only ~$800 for the lot. Thats kind of fence sitting territory I guess, probably still easier to earn that money than to find replacements if I ever decide to go back to silver.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Plus, your buyer pool is going to be very limited. I would just keep them and if you ever decide to sell the bike you can only add to the value by having the stock panels

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
Eh, then probably only ~$800 for the lot. Thats kind of fence sitting territory I guess, probably still easier to earn that money than to find replacements if I ever decide to go back to silver.
If your panels are in good shape, then you should keep them. They are becoming more and more difficult to find.

When you want to sell your bike, or make it a showpiece for your mancave, then those original panels will be priceless.

Next spring, I plan on restoring some panels I have in storage for bikes I no longer have. Those will then go up for sale.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hope there are a couple of Gen 1 side panels in there. Monica will never be a show bike either but I would like her to look her best!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive got them but not motivated to do $500 for the lot, was really wondering if a set would bring a grand or more to be willing to let the lot go. Got that FOMO going on.

·
Registered
14,206 Posts
?

Ryan;
Try following the rules.......

"Rules: Ony one thread per subject, no bumping, only MV related items
List a price and location. This is a global forum and it is not eBay.
Please listen to the rules. They will be enforced"

Put a damn price on your stuff......

Snowflakes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ryan;
Try following the rules.......

"Rules: Ony one thread per subject, no bumping, only MV related items
List a price and location. This is a global forum and it is not eBay.
Please listen to the rules. They will be enforced"

Put a damn price on your stuff......

Snowflakes :rolleyes:
Just a heads up, pissing and moaning about something inconsequential makes you the snowflake. Save the trouble and not attempt to appropriate terminology you dont understand.

Dont like it, delete it. Otherwise just let it be and it falls off the map. Pretty simple.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts