MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, seems to be a dark secret for some reason. Lets hope someone out there can advise :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
How can you tell what edition it is,
The Factory added their usual plaque to the headstock of each bike. See picture below (not my bike by the way!):

media1U707PHZ.jpg

There was NO LIMIT on the number of these bikes produced by the Factory (i.e. they were not limited to a pre-defined run in numbers like the Ago, Veltro etc.)

Instead, the Factory made these Edition 1s for a limited time period. Therefore I would imagine the only people who would know how many of these Edition 1s were made, would be the Factory themselves.

They are only distinguishable by the plaque as it was otherwise a marketing exercise whereby dealers received the following with the bike itself to be sold as a package offering the buyer a significant discount on buying the parts separately:

• Panniers;
  • Centre Stand;
  • Heated grips;
  • Sat Nav bracket plus RAM mount; and
  • An MV branded Garmin Zumo 350LM Sat Nav pre loaded with the locations of all the worldwide MV dealers!.
Hope this helps.

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
How can you tell what edition it is,
Edition 1 models have a signature, Cladio Castiglioni I think, on the handlebar clamp along with an engraved plate stating 'Edition 1' followed by the number in the run (1-200).

Edit: beaten to it... :cussing:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm pretty sure they did offer all the equipment on the edition 1s for a discounted price for a limited time when purchased with the standard bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts