MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost had 2. Got out of the 2nd today by showing up to court. Cop didn't I guess so it was dismissed. "Disobey lane use controls" by lane splitting. Apparently not legal in IN. Funny thing is, on the ticket said I was on a Suzuki C50 whatever that is. MV's are not in the computer system so he picked something else I guess. First time stopped was a warning for speeding.

Hope the rest of you faired as well.:f4:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
No tickets in 2011, not even a parking ticket! In fact the last ticket I had was for 61 kph in a 50 kph zone about 8 years ago.
Must try harder this year.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

just a warning concerning the location of my license plate. I think I was going 68 in a 55

·
Registered
90 Posts
2011 was not too kind

Two tickes in one stop, courtesy of GA's finest in August. Southbound on US 19 at Vogel State park. Violations: driving over the speed limit (wasn't clocked)& passing on double yellow. All thanks to the wonderfully-designed rear view mirrors.

The trooper was two cars behind me, I've been told. I would have ridden faster, if it wasn't for the "click it or ticket" road block with approx 30 troopers greeting me about 2 miles ahead. The $250 fine was paid immediately upon my return. .

I still need new mirrors. WTB

The consolation was that it did t show up on my MA insurance.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
No tickets just a warning of 79 in a 65. My last ticket was 12 years ago.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
31 December 1997

2011 - 1 speeding ticket - 1 appeal & 1 quashed ticket :yo:

Last ticket 31 December 1997 - always good to remember the date (providing it wasn't last week :laughing:) & tell the cop about it - like it was such a shameful thing that it haunts you and hence why you haven't had one since (nothing to do with luck -lol).

When he checks that date on his computer he finds out that you are telling the truth his whole attitude towards you changes, you either walk or get a downgrade that is beatable on appeal. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
No ticket, but i got pulled over as i passed a highway patrol with 120mph. I was in carpool passing a truck, he was way behind in slow lane. Once i saw him in my mirror i slowed down and he kept getting closer and closer, finally pulled me over for no plate (still waiting for it). I told him i was rushing to class for an exam (i was) and his responce was "seems you're doing everything else right, we dont wanba lose you out there so drive slower and pass your exam"
So i got away from a fat ticket and probably impounded bike at that speed, but end of 2011 had an accident with the Brut :/

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
No ticket, but i got pulled over as i passed a highway patrol with 120mph. I was in carpool passing a truck, he was way behind in slow lane. Once i saw him in my mirror i slowed down and he kept getting closer and closer, finally pulled me over for no plate (still waiting for it). I told him i was rushing to class for an exam (i was) and his responce was "seems you're doing everything else right, we dont wanba lose you out there so drive slower and pass your exam"
So i got away from a fat ticket and probably impounded bike at that speed, but end of 2011 had an accident with the Brut :/
Sorry to hear of the accident. Hope everything turns out ok.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ya i passed, and got extremely lucky with the accident

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I went through a mobile speed camera at 34mph. I got a letter threatening prosecution...and then a letter offering me a " Speeding Course "...Well I already knew how to speed but I went anyway as it was same cost and no points on my lily white license...Plonkers, Haven't they got anything else to do. I was in a 30 zone in an industrial area on a downslope and the fooker was hiding behind a sandwich van with his radar gun..The needle on the speedo is almost 3mph thick ; )

Still, lucky thing I was in my pickup truck that day and not on the Hayabusa lol

joe

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
i got 3 tickets 2 warnings and 1 i know it was you, will catch you next time sonny ,.. silly thing was im 50 he was 30 ish so why call me sonny

·
Registered
118 Posts
None

None in '11 but one in '10 in Montana USA from a piss off cager that called 911 on me for changing lanes too close and made a complaint. The State Trooper waved me down 10 miles down the road. All I could say is WTF? The ticket following me back to NC. 8500 mile round trip to Alaska from NC and I get hooked in Montana .BobL.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Two. Hwy 80 crossing Nevada, 75mph posted, early morning severe clear, not a soul in sight. Trooper pulls me over for 85, we get to taking bikes ("I've been known to burn this stretch on my Gixer") cites me for 2mph over limit. No traffic school option, print-out states $65, just send us the money and take your point.

Later that trip in Idaho, Laguna Seca pavement 40 miles to Boise, not a soul in sight, posted 55mph (!) leatherneck pimple-face cites me for 70, mad as hell. (Ya don't know how fast ya goin'??) Again, print out states $85; I don't want the point so I called the DA when back home in CA, had it changed to "Illegal Op of a motor vehicle", paid $120 and it disappeared. (Best justice system money can buy!)

On my best behaviour now!:naughty:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts