MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On a 5x10 trailer.... I have to say that back in the day I fit 3 sport bikes on a 4x8 trailer for a track day at Summit point, 2-600's and a 1k, but it was tight to say the least and all bikes were track bikes, and two in the front facing in forward, and no one in the rear facing backward. Now MV's are a little on the wide side, and my VFR is no tinker bell either. I also want all 3 bikes facing forward. Now the trailer does have a small section in front where the rail could be modified to fit the front most bIke a couple feet forward as well, technically giving it 12ft long in the middle. Here is a picture of said trailer that I'm looking at for reference. I'm thinking it should work as long as the 3rd front bike is small/skinny.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Since when are MV's on the wide side ?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since when are MV's on the wide side ?
Well the F4 at least in the front you can't move the mirrors without some hassle. Also the tail section is pretty wide compared to others. Not necessarily all MV's...

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
Hi Curtis, sorry for the distinctly average input in my first post but considering we have briefly met via Skype at Bubba V I thought I'd chime in without pissing you off too much.

Chris's reference to the 4th of September 2010 is when the Canterbury earthquake shook the hell out of his bikes that were parked in his lounge on rear stands turning them into the most expensive dominos ever.
Thankfully he has friends in extremely high places @ MV and all was as normal a few months later.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Curtis, sorry for the distinctly average input in my first post but considering we have briefly met via Skype at Bubba V I thought I'd chime in without pissing you off too much.

Chris's reference to the 4th of September 2010 is when the Canterbury earthquake shook the hell out of his bikes that were parked in his lounge on rear stands turning them into the most expensive dominos ever.
Thankfully he has friends in extremely high places @ MV and all was as normal a few months later.
Hey David!! Ah ok, that makes it much more entertaining for me as far as the humor goes. I've got a lot more stories to hear yet to be in the "know" :yo:

They're not fat Ralf, they're just big boned.
not quite fluffy... and certainly not, DAMN... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=428RLz9Xd5o

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
aw, HELL NO!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I'm going to pick up the trailer this coming weekend. It is really nice and this guy builds them by hand out of his garage... He specializes in custom boat trailers. Really nice quality work at great prices. I'm sure with a little military engineering that 3 bikes will fit nicely :yo:

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Please post any pictures of failure! Pictures of success are also welcome, though only mildly entertaining. :D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They can :jsm:
Haven't seen anything like that since the last time I was in Haiti...

Well it's home, and I have just a couple finishing mods to do to it before I fit my stands on it and check the fitment for 3 bikes... I'll have to borrow a buddy's bike for the 3rd as I don't yet have a 3rd bike... but I'm planning ahead :) :f4:

It is a tad "shiny" to say the least... I think the sun's reflection off of it is blinding my neighbors, Ha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts