MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been done before, but I am curious as to how often you see MVs on the street. Since I bought mine, I've been on the lookout for them (and so have my friends). In the US, I ran into an F4 1000 at a gas station once on Long Island, and that's it. My friends tell me they've never seen one.

However, here in Paris, I've seen three Brutales in three weeks! A parked 910 with a lot of carbon on the south side of the Seine near Quai Voltaire, one near la republique, and another on Avenue de l'Opera with a redheaded woman on it.

I'm rather impressed with the representation here in Paris.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
In Phoenix, I've seen one several years ago on the 101 Loop. In LA, I've seen two - a red/silver on in Glendale and a black/gold custom (Kane's bike) in Pasadena. This doesn't include bikes around dealerships or track day.

Also, my sighting list goes back to the year 2000. My drives in Phoenix cover a 30 mile range and in LA covers only about 15 miles of canyons. :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
psperl said:
In the US, I ran into an F4 1000 at a gas station once on Long Island, and that's it. .
Was the guy's name Andre, greek kid w/a big nose? If so, thats the only other MV aside from mine I have ever seen on the street, we're good friends for a few years now.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I have rarely seen an MV but have been lucky a few times in southern california. I could probably count them on my 2 hands the number of "random" sightings!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Never in motion, only parked. I've seen an F4 parked at the Scottsdale pavilions, and an F4 and a Brutale at the CW IMS at Cardinals stadium, but other than that, only dealer bikes, plus Myloylo's and Koop's bikes, and I've seen Koop riding, but we were both riding with AZSBK, so it wasn't a random occurance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I saw 3 in Los Angeles over the last 2 years. The first time on La Cienega Boulevard around September 2005 - a long haired guy was riding it (I guess it is a member of this forum), another time on Manhattan Beach Boulevard and the third time on the back of a pick up track on I -10 going to Vegas (definitely track day).

Havent seen a single brutale yet.

Man MV is a rare machine. Hope it remains like that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Like i work in a street in Paris where you've got Ferrari and Maserati cars shops, it was not uncommon to see up to 4 brutales during lunch times. Nevertheless i had never seen an F4 !

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have never seen one (besides mine) outside a showroom. To me that's part of what's special about MV's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have only seen two.

First one was at the first USGP since it's return to Laguna Seca. I was in a rental car going into the track and the MV was having problems. I saw the guy pushing it. It looked like it had overheated. :(

The second time, the F4 was parked in front of the building I was working at in Washington, DC. I waited for 30 minutes to talk to the owner and hear the sound but I was already late for work. I went inside to make sure everything was okay with work (I'm a computer guy) and when I went back outside the bike was gone. :bawling:

Basically I have seen two and both weren't running. :wtf:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
what color was the one in DC? there's a small few of us here. about 5/6 that i know of...including myself. only 2 750 owners. one's mine, the other a female w/a diamante 1+1. but that's to my knowlege.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
style_one said:
what color was the one in DC? there's a small few of us here. about 5/6 that i know of...including myself. only 2 750 owners. one's mine, the other a female w/a diamante 1+1. but that's to my knowlege.
It was silver. Unfortunately, at that time I used to come on to this site to look at pictures of the MV's. I recently decided to save up and buy one and that's when I started to REALLY learn about them on here. I want to say it was a 750.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I only seen one other in the part of japan Im in and the owner is my buddy. And for the record we know we're the only ones with them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've only ever seen one MV in real life outside a showroom (besides mine). The funny thing was, I saw an F4 1000 S in red/silver the same day I went to buy mine. Pro Italia only had one left and I thought to myself "if that guy is riding the bike I'm going to buy, I'm going to kill him." Luckily, it wasn't my bike :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
In Milan I see quite a few whenever I'm there on business. Also saw 2 Brutales on the same day in Paris a couple weeks ago. Here in the US, NIL. At least in the Annapolis area.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Other than at an MV event, gathering, or group ride, which I won't count, I have only ever seen one, an SP01, and it was parked at the time. In all of my miles, I have never seen one riding by or alongside, just that one parked at the Cliff House on Ortega some years ago...Amazing that they are that rare, eh?

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
822 Posts
Some Guy said:
Was the guy's name Andre, greek kid w/a big nose? If so, thats the only other MV aside from mine I have ever seen on the street, we're good friends for a few years now.

I forgot about the guy I ran into at Gold Coast Motorsports on a 750 Brutale, that makes 2 for me!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts