MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really feel like trying it out - so I'm asking here, does anyone have a rough (or exact) guess of how many kilometers the b3 800 will still drive once the fuel lamp lights up?

·
Registered
845 Posts
At least 35km, my fuel light comes on around 180km. I have to say i got a bit scared and drove very economic. In theory i wouldn't have made it home if i'd hammered it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for your answer.

You mean, if you do not drive economically, it won't make the 35km? Or 35km she will run at least? Or you meant that your way home was 35km when the lamp lighted up and you made it with economical driving?

cheers

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yes, No and Yes. :)

Allthough she is thirsty all the time, why take it slow if there is no reward. :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
After a fill up to the rim, my Dragster fuel light starts at +/- 175 km

·
Registered
307 Posts
Reached 44th kilometer (and died out of fuel) since the lamp switched on...
On a normal road with normal traffic and not a lot of traffic lights, riding it peacefully in low and mid range.
So your mental limit should be 35, and I would not go more than 40 as a last resort.
If you passed 40 and there is no gas station in sight yet, you're probably in trouble. :)

Milan

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Reached 44th kilometer (and died out of fuel) since the lamp switched on...
On a normal road with normal traffic and not a lot of traffic lights, riding it peacefully in low and mid range.
So your mental limit should be 35, and I would not go more than 40 as a last resort.
If you passed 40 and there is no gas station in sight yet, you're probably in trouble. :)

Milan
Wow that's not very far at all really!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wow that's not very far at all really!
City riding in 1st and 2nd gear is killing the fuel efficiency. I bet on the open highway and using 5th and 6th gear on low to moderate speed could get you up to 50-60 km. But I would not play with it.
Well, one thing is for sure, MVs are thirsty as they should be, since they're all high performance engines.
If you're up for a longer ride outside of the city, don't forget to reset your trip odometer on every visit to the gas station. :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
We are lucky over here. At any given point there are at least 10 gasstations with in 5km's.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I get upwards of 200km to a tank before fuel light, from calculating the remaining fuel on fill up I reckon there is, as everyone else says, about 30 to 40km left before she dies. We plan all rides to have a fuel station at about the 150km mark.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My light usually comes on around 124-128 miles on the tank. I haven't taken her more than 148 miles, so it's safe to say you can get at least 20 miles once the light comes on, but I wouldn't push her past 25 unless you felt like getting a little exercise.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My light usually comes on around 124-128 miles on the tank. I haven't taken her more than 148 miles, so it's safe to say you can get at least 20 miles once the light comes on, but I wouldn't push her past 25 unless you felt like getting a little exercise.
Cool . Thanks for the useful info .

·
Registered
292 Posts
On hard back country riding, not town stuff, reserve light comes on around 195-200km. Even when I was hyper rev riding in 2nd to try some speeds out it was 185km. So that on a 16.5lt tank makes it around 11.5km per litre. Light comes on around 12 to 12.5lts used. Leaving around 4 litres left, which should give another 44 to 50 km to empty.
Or is my math crap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts