MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone rang me from a private number earlier today, and although I seldom answer those calls because of the amount of telemarketing crap going on, I replied this time, luckily.

Said gentleman needed to know about oil filter location, and being at work I had to scratch around in my messy head to find the right answer. Questions like, does the 920 use the 1078 or the 1090 based motor, went through my mind.
I soon figured it's the 1090 based motor, so filter location is at the bottom of the motor and not at the front as per 1078 motor.

After grabbing a break and having a look through the manuals on my site, I realised that none of them actually mention the 920 on the cover page.
I understand that the 920 was a bit of a stop gap model for MV, much like the 989 at a time when they where going through some serious changes in the company.

So here's another question, does anybody have any 920 specific engine or workshop manuals which they'd like to share with us ?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sorry Dons can't help you on that matter.
I did own a 920 for three great years . A cracking underated bike available new for bargain money here in the UK. Wish my 800 had my 920's suspension.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 920 but have not come across any manuals specifically for the 920 apart from the user manual, I have just used the manuals available that cover the 990-1090 bikes.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Very few 920's made it to NZ Donsy.

...as you say, a stop gap model (and I mean no disrespect to any 920 Owner), its my impression that the 920 was also the first exploratory 'economical' Brutale (paint, decals etc.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 920, and still enjoy it immensely every time I swing a leg over
But I dont have a manual

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Not sure. There are still some new unregistered bargains about here in the UK.
I really rated mine, did 12k miles on it. Rode it to Italy on a weeks tour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts