MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cored my cans. They are fairly loud, most poeple think its a V twin at idle.
I havent put a mid pipe in yet. But im thinking of just cutting the end of the cans off and leaving them open, or would that be crazy?

·
Registered
185 Posts
In all due respect; yes, I think thats crazy. Im not sure if you'll really get the results your looking for by simply cutting the end cans. There's also the problem with passing smog. IMHO, buy a mid pipe. Also, I personally think there is a problem about pipes being too loud. I mean, when does music, singing or automotive exhaust note that's so loud that it all just becomes noise.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah ive thought about it, its like i want it a tiny bit louder, but every once in a while, i want to scare people!
ive already enlarged the outlet, its basically and empty can with a 1.5" preferated tube welded to the end sticking halfway in.

I also punched a couple 5mm holes in the "funnel" portion of the end

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
as a physician.... let me remind you that there IS such a thing as TOO LOUD...
and that's when your bike is SO LOUD that he causes YOU to have PERMANENT HEARING DAMAGE...
that's something you'll live to regret... i can assure you
Twat? You're going to have to speak up, I cunt hear you!

I'm 28 and already half deaf, but it was worth it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Edit* Oops went staight from home page to here and didn't see i was in brutale land, bugger. And yup i do know they are very different, but i'd already hit the post button, so just came back and edited it.

I jump from my stock pipe MV to my mates 916 with termis and really notice that people pay more attention to you on the road, in a safe way not a posery way.

I think utting the ends of cans off would look dumb and give you minimal if any noise/performance benefit from a good coring. I've seen a pic of someone with the ends cut off their pipes, it does nothing for the look of the thing.

I also rode around with the black caps off for on 1 side for a while, and because the pipe doesn't clear the undertail you get shocking greasy exhaust stains on the tail of your bike/ tail light and girlfriends arse.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dr Evil said:
Edit* Oops went staight from home page to here and didn't see i was in brutale land, bugger.

I jump from my stock pipe MV to my mates 916 with termis and really notice that people pay more attention to you on the road, in a safe way not a posery way.

I think utting the ends of cans off would look dumb and give you minimal if any noise/performance benefit from a good coring. I've seen a pic of someone with the ends cut off their pipes, it does nothing for the look of the thing.

I also rode around with the black caps off for on 1 side for a while, and because the pipe doesn't clear the undertail you get shocking greasy exhaust stains on the tail of your bike/ tail light and girlfriends arse.
UM you DO KNOW that the Brutale exhaust is different than the F4 RIGHT?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spalding12 said:
as a physician.... let me remind you that there IS such a thing as TOO LOUD...
and that's when your bike is SO LOUD that he causes YOU to have PERMANENT HEARING DAMAGE...
that's something you'll live to regret... i can assure you
yes i know, im starting to wear ear plugs now anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts