·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
735 Posts
spalding12 said:
you'll definetly miss some quality time that could be better spent posting.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
395 Posts
So let me completely understand - you guys are NOT removing the headers to get at the oil filter and drain plug as outlined in the owners manual. Please describe how you accomplish this - I'd be very interested. Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
An easy 30 minutes, max! No you don't need to remove headers or anything besides the filter itself. I had a filter "wrench/socket" that fit a Suzuki and it is a perfect fit. Nothing blocking the drain plug either.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
No...use a SMALL strap wrench:

It'll go around the filter, and you'll be able to take it off without taking off the headers. Also, refer to this thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2566

MAKE SURE YOU REUSE THE PLASTIC RING! If you don't, your filter will back out and unscrew...then you're screwed.

If I want to go out and ride, and the motor is cool, I can change my oil in under 10 minutes...but typically, it'll take you around 15-20 minutes. If you lockwire like fazer6, add in a little more time, but that lockwire serves the same purpose as the plastic ring that's on the filter...

That's a pic I snagged off eBay...you DON'T need that oil filter tool. And that thing around the filter is what I'm talking about...you've seen enough of the oil threads, you should know what I'm talking about anyways...just making it clear for everybody else who isn't a "regular"...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
All you need now is the bike!!!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't know how you stand the suspense!

Amazing... will they do that first 25 mile free filter/oil change for you?

Did you have to twist their arms and did they think it was a good idea?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gazman said:
I don't know how you stand the suspense!

Amazing... will they do that first 25 mile free filter/oil change for you?

Did you have to twist their arms and did they think it was a good idea?
oh,
i haven't worked that out with them yet
but, considering that my 2007 BMW K1200GT is being made this week in germany.... i think i can talk them into it.....
perhaps i'll offer to pay for the oil and filter.... and just have the labor be free

as in most shops... i'm sure that they'll think changing the oil at 25 miles will be unnecessary

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
261 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'm trying to follow the advice of several folks here by changing the oil in my new "R"
at 20-100 miles, 300 miles, and 1,000 miles

how long will it take?
any special instructions?

i appreciate your help
First 600 mile service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts