MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out working on a project and I come back to see the server had locked up for the first time :bawling:

I have been looking into upgrading to some custom hardware in order to run this site without a hiccup. Seems that now is the time..

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seemed to be a process that got out of control ending up in an infinite loop (my guess) which caused it to eat up all the memory. Truly unacceptable. I need to get this site on its own, more powerful, server. My poor baby :bawling:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
admin said:
Seemed to be a process that got out of control ending up in an infinite loop (my guess) which caused it to eat up all the memory. Truly unacceptable. I need to get this site on its own, more powerful, server. My poor baby :bawling:
Alvin, FWIW might have been my process. I was trying to upload a 86MB .zip file of photos. I started the upload around 10:30PM Central time. You might want to look at that code....

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That should'nt be a problem. I don't think it had to do with this website entirely. Think it was a backup script.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
It went down around 12:00 Pacific time, but I went to bed shortly after, so I don't know for how long, BUT I'm sure glad it's back up, you had me worried :smoking:

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No damage at all. Just ate up a lot of memory on the system so it was unable to deliver content, therefore shutting down the web and e-mail server. All is back to normal, but resources are tight at the moment.

Have some options in mind, and hope to purchase a new, reliable system for this site alone. That should take care of the site for a very, very long time :conveyer:

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I have been logged in twice, that I can remember, and when I click on anything to continue with browsing the forum it tells me that the site does not exist! Those times 5 to 10 minutes later the site came back up. If this is the same thing that happened last night, sorry for not mentioning it sooner! :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: I guess its time to set up my paypal account that I have been meaning to get to so that we can fund any and all upgrade projects!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts