MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although there are 4 months to the season starts in Norway I mounted the new exhaust today.

Here is a summary of how it went.

The plan was that it would take 2-3 hours. I used more.

This is a before picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dismantling

The disassembly went very well until I was going to loosen this screw. But with a little power loosened it.

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And there is the old removed.

A little difficulty to bring out the whole welded plant out behind the radiator.

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then it's time for assembly.

Much easier to mount the O2 sensor. To remove from the old facility was cramped.

Slightly poor quality of the picture here.

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally finished.

The sound is a bit tougher.

It provides some much smoke as soon as I started. But I assumed that was the exhaust seal that burned up.

Then I just pack up the stuff and hide the bike in the garage. Not much summer here. (Last photo)

Hope this can be of help to someone. When an amateur like me can get it together, most people can achieve it.

Sincerely, Glenn

Attachments

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I never even tried to change the headers without pulling down the radiator, I thought I will damage the ribs.
Nice work.

BTW; you have too much oil in the engine! When cold it should be in the middle of MIN and MAX mark. Oil heats up very much in these engines, and if you have it at MAX mark when cold, than there is too much of it when engine is hot.
Besides, I can see you even have it over the MAX mark. Use a narrow tube, fi 5mm and a syringe and syphone it out through the filler cap on the clutch cover. I estimate you have at least 0.5 liter too much in it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never even tried to change the headers without pulling down the radiator, I thought I will damage the ribs.
Nice work.

BTW; you have too much oil in the engine! When cold it should be in the middle of MIN and MAX mark. Oil heats up very much in these engines, and if you have it at MAX mark when cold, than there is too much of it when engine is hot.
Besides, I can see you even have it over the MAX mark. Use a narrow tube, fi 5mm and a syringe and syphone it out through the filler cap on the clutch cover. I estimate you have at least 0.5 liter too much in it.
Thanks for the tip. I'll suck out a little oil before I ride.

I approach my service and have run with this oil for almost 6000km.
What could be the consequence of too much oil?

Oil was replaced by the local MV Store, not good to fill in too much.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Crankshaft can beat the oil if the level is that high-balancing masses that are on the crankshaft can hit in the oil level.
It can also blow out a seal on any part of the engine due to too much pressure in the engine.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I just did the same to my 910S. Pretty much followed your way except I didn't have to undo the bolt you had problems with. Mine just fell out !

I also couldn't figure how to get the 02 sensor plug out from between the swing arm and pivot. Since I have the Microtech ECU I just snipped it off since I don't need it anyway ___not recommended___

I'm getting a lot more vibration now without the CAT. How did you bolt the mid-pipe to the frame? I had to go buy a bolt that fitted- the nice old one (same one you had problems with) didn't fit on my Inox mid-pipe - official MV corse item.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just did the same to my 910S. Pretty much followed your way except I didn't have to undo the bolt you had problems with. Mine just fell out !

I also couldn't figure how to get the 02 sensor plug out from between the swing arm and pivot. Since I have the Microtech ECU I just snipped it off since I don't need it anyway ___not recommended___

I'm getting a lot more vibration now without the CAT. How did you bolt the mid-pipe to the frame? I had to go buy a bolt that fitted- the nice old one (same one you had problems with) didn't fit on my Inox mid-pipe - official MV corse item.
Hi

It is too early for me to say something about the vibrations. I've only run 50 meters back and forth inside the garage.

But the solution for me was to put in the 5 mm bolt that came with the unit through the old screw hole.
Then I keep the rubber that breaks the connection to the frame. Hopefully this is enough.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Snow!!! LOL. No fun for bikers!

Nice report on the install. Took me longer than that the first time I did it. :) The smoke can also be some of the residual oil in the headers present when they are made. If it persists then you need to look at other possible causes. Arrow made all the pipes and headers for the MV prior to the 2010 version bikes. Including the RG3's for the F4 series.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi

It is too early for me to say something about the vibrations. I've only run 50 meters back and forth inside the garage.

But the solution for me was to put in the 5 mm bolt that came with the unit through the old screw hole.
Then I keep the rubber that breaks the connection to the frame. Hopefully this is enough.
Ah nice. Sounds the similar to me then I did the same. With the help of some large washers and a few spare nuts I managed to make an item that fit really snuggly into the existing rubber bung. Glad I'm not the only one who had to to a minor amount of neat bodge work to get it on.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Thanks for the post - very helpful ;-)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts