MV Agusta Forum banner

How fast did you go on your MV?

22K views 135 replies 72 participants last post by  Imm 
#1 ·
I just had 308 Km/h (=191Mph) on the Speedo.

I think it can go a lil faster.

What was your topspeed?

#4 ·
This was flat out with my Gixxer, I'll try to make a movie of the mv flat out.

Flat out

#7 ·
A few weeks ago I had a moment when I guy turned right on me in a truck. What I didn't say at the time was I just snicked into top gear with about 160 (on the clock) and I got the bike down to about 25 - 30 mph in an incredibly short distance, otherwise I would be dead now. Due to the ludicrously high laundry bill after this experience, I haven't ventured that far around the dial since, but the F4 is certainly one quick motorcycle.

#9 ·
Yesterday: 294 km/h and I hit the rev limiter in sixth gear. I thought I still one gear left, it was that fast...

#10 ·
178 with more power to go. i was riding with four other MV's that day and i think VG32 was about that same speed. Nothing else like a feeling of going over 170 mph's!!

#12 ·
one of you speed demons needs to carry a gps reciver with you on a run.
be nice to get a good velocity reading...

or put a simple bicycle speedo on the mv. i had the sigma sport bc800 on my vfr and it was very accurate - about 1% error and measured using a gps unit.

alex

#13 ·
altoon said:
be nice to get a good velocity reading...

or put a simple bicycle speedo on the mv. i had the sigma sport bc800 on my vfr and it was very accurate - about 1% error and measured using a gps unit.

alex
how fast were you going on the VFR to get the 1% error? fast? I wonder if it's possible that fast tire rotational speed/centrifugal force causes the tire to increase the overall wheel/tire circumference?

#14 ·
odonata said:
how fast were you going on the VFR to get the 1% error? fast? I wonder if it's possible that fast tire rotational speed/centrifugal force causes the tire to increase the overall wheel/tire circumference?
i checked it to about 80mph-90mph range.

not sure about the source of error.

but if it was tire growth, it would have to have grown about 6mm. the diameter of that bike's rear tire (180/55) was about 630mm. so for a 1% change in circumference, you'd need a 1% change in diameter.

but that's a really good question.

alex

#15 ·
if i have a gps TomTom unit how would i use it to tell how fast i am actually going? i have never had a chance to play around with it like that and have always wondered how accurate the spedo is.

#17 ·
I actually have a Delorme bluetooth logger that I got to work with my treo (I have tomtom for the treo). I don't think my tomtom 5 shows speed, but the logger is great. You can set it to log (up to 50,000 points) every second, or fraction of a second, or go by distance (ie ever 0.1 mi). it will tell you your heading, long/lat, elevation, and most importantly plot your speed. I use these on my motorcycle rides to log where i go! As for mounting my treo onto my motorcycle, i am still looking into those.

#23 ·
altoon said:
I used a friends GPS wtih my previous bike and something went wrong:

#26 ·
174 mph indicated. I had more to go, but was running up on traffic. In September, I will be going on a road trip thru Utah and Nevada. First the Salt Flats, then Nevadas Hwy 318 and Hwy 50. I can't wait to ride those roads. I will keep you all posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.