MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound stupid, but i have found so many people who have different opinions on this.

I am very curious to know exactly how people wash their bike, particuarly the f4

what little techniques they use to wash these beauties correctly

like bags over pipes, and over cockpit, removing fairings, light pressure hoses, spraying water repelant over the chain after the wash etc, you name it let me hear it.....please

please let me knw, and please dont let this thread go unnoticed

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I get my girlfriend to put on her skimpy shorts and little white singlet and give her a bucket of water - itsn't that how everyone does it?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
deimh said:
I get my girlfriend to put on her skimpy shorts and little white singlet and give her a bucket of water - itsn't that how everyone does it?
I'd do the same.........................but the wife may say "Who the f***s that washing your bike" :laughing:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats brilliant
ill give you that one
wish i thought of that
apart from that being the ultimate, i dont let my wife go without five feet of my mv
shes beautiful, and o i love her to death, but my wife is a bit clumsy
so shell probably drop it

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
spalding12 said:
hmmm
my wife might say that as well
but, as the .45 bullet rushes toward my crotch, i bet i won't hear her :jsm:
Happy 4000 posts, crazy man. :jsm:

Funny comment :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
4000.....sheeeeet...... :jsm:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I get my butler to do it.... yeah right. elbow grease for me too, with some TFR (traffic film remover) diluted slightly. Gets the wheels and swingarm immaculate in seconds. As for everything else, spray muc off and a tooth brush! I have been going over it all with a hose to trying to steer clear of the cockpit and exhausts but after reading Gregs post dont think i'll risk it anymore! I have the Nero edition as well and that shows the dirt up more then anything, ive only got to think about going out for a ride and it gets dirty!!
To be honest tho, i dont spend loads of time cleaning it, i'd rather get it dirty riding it then spend ages cleaning it!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no not pathetic
very good to see loyalty displayed, to such a site
complimente

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3800 for me to catch up
at exactly 15th nov 11.54 pm
i figure if i post a 10.41095890411 posts a day (just a rough figure)
for 365 days, ill equal you

thats provided u dont make a single post till 15th nov 07
is that ok

·
Registered
358 Posts
I haven't washed my F4 yet in over 2100 miles. I bought it in July.

I'd been using the Meguiars Spray Detailer on all parts of the bike except the wheels. For those, I use the Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish since it cuts the chain grease pretty well. Just watch you don't get overspray on the rotors. A couple of weeks ago I bought a bottle of the Eagle One Wipe & Clean spray at Auto Zone since I was out of Meguiars. It seems to do a better job cleaning the bug guts off, so I think that's what I'll be using from now on. It was also 2 bucks cheaper so that's another plus.

I use WD-40 or kerosene to clean the chain before doing the rear wheel. I also put a sheet of cardboard between the wheel & chain to keep the splatter off the wheel while cleaning/lubing the chain.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've noticed that no matter how hard I try not to get water into the exhausts I always do. Then the next time I ride it smoke starts pouring from the exhaust tips that stinks of oil. The first time it happened I thought the bike was on fire.

I use AutoGlym bike cleaner to remove the brake dust, grease etc. then sponge it all down.

Si

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
seriously guys + gals
im strarting to feel a little stupid here
again, seriously what are the real techniques used to wash your bike
everyone must have a method

1 - 20 of 37 Posts