MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do most of the guys here just cruise with their F4 or do you ride it hard with the knee down in every corner and full throttle?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i beat on my F4 1kS like chuck liddell @ UFC match.

and she LAUGHS at me. i swear i can hear that bike calling me a pussy.

alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason why I ask this question is because Pete said that those who do not have problems with their F4 is because they don't ride it hard. But I find that hard to believe. I still believe he just had bad luck and got an MV that had some flaws, like every brand has once in a while.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I thought you were suppose to ride it hard?? :wtf:
Am I wrong or are the most problems had when people try to cruise on them (F4 only).
I could have sworn it was mentioned 100 times here that this is a track bred machine put on the street.
I mean, I am sure if I tried to even run a WSB superbike on the street, it would over heat, consume a high amount of gas (than an average street bike) and and have an uncomfortable seating position.
I personally thank Mr. CC for giving me an affordable race bike :yo: and only ask that he give me the means to correct an shortcoming I cannot accept for the street.
If I wanted safe choice, I would be on a Honda :stickpoke
(It is like I chose Angelina Jolee :naughty: :devilsmok :hitit: over Jessica Simpson :hitit: :blush: :hitit: . Jessica is safe and has potential to be good, but Angelina is a bad girl through and through and for sure. And my money would be on her in a fight against Jessica.... :popcorn: ..... sorry mental images took me away for a second :) ).

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I ride her like I stole her. These motors are expected to be revs and redline constantly. Lugging and baby the motor is not very good for her.hahaha

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
i have to drive slow and wear a reflective vest at all times (that is till i get off base :naughty:). damn military :banghead:.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
KMS143 said:
Do most of the guys here just cruise with their F4 or do you ride it hard with the knee down in every corner and full throttle?
Just "cruise".

Anyway, riding any bike hard with the knee down in every corner and full throttle in the street is not only impossible, but stupid. :baddeal:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't take the kneedowning in every turn and full throttle thing too serious. It's just a matter of expression. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
TreeMV said:
I thought you were suppose to ride it hard?? :wtf:
Am I wrong or are the most problems had when people try to cruise on them (F4 only).
I could have sworn it was mentioned 100 times here that this is a track bred machine put on the street.
I mean, I am sure if I tried to even run a WSB superbike on the street, it would over heat, consume a high amount of gas (than an average street bike) and and have an uncomfortable seating position.
I personally thank Mr. CC for giving me an affordable race bike :yo: and only ask that he give me the means to correct an shortcoming I cannot accept for the street.
If I wanted safe choice, I would be on a Honda :stickpoke
(It is like I chose Angelina Jolee :naughty: :devilsmok :hitit: over Jessica Simpson :hitit: :blush: :hitit: . Jessica is safe and has potential to be good, but Angelina is a bad girl through and through and for sure. And my money would be on her in a fight against Jessica.... :popcorn: ..... sorry mental images took me away for a second :) ).
And the alcohol as well !!!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
:f4: I past a CBR600RR on the inside through a bend today...is that how you should ride an MV?
Took a look in the mirror,he was shaking his head.
A twist of the throttle and...beam me up scotty! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I ride spirited and each trip is a mission to get home alive. The track is where the aggressive riding is done at high speed. Cornering on a jaunt is done cautiously as I anticipate the unexpected/unknown. I try to ride just under the radar of the law, with short bursts of triples on the straights.

Be safe on these beasts, and live to ride another day.

Peter

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Ozboy said:
:f4: I past a CBR600RR on the inside through a bend today...is that how you should ride an MV?
Nope!!!!! you should have gone the long way round, much more satisfying :naughty:

I suppose I ride mine pretty hard up to about 9/10,000rpm when pushing on, I have yet to master the full 12000+rpm down the roads we use, I try v hard to keep away from triple figures on open roads, they have been known to lock you up with other real criminals in the UK for triple stuff :laughing:

You know, they even chased me in a Helicopter one day, how over the top is that for going a little too quick :stickpoke

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I ride her as hard and safe as i can on normal roads but still feel like she thinks i aint got no balls for redlining her in each gear, Saying that i have a little surprise for her this year (Nurburgring maybe?) that will show her :f4: :f4: :D

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
mikef4uk said:
they have been known to lock you up with other real criminals in the UK for triple stuff :laughing:

You know, they even chased me in a Helicopter one day, how over the top is that for going a little too quick :stickpoke
100mph ? They lock you up and take your bike away from you in West Oz for having fun like that.:violin:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've personally seen someone bike on its side, lost their front teeth and a broken nose by doing a move like that a couple of years ago. Not recommended at all. Overtake on the straights or when the other rider waves you over.

Ozboy said:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
KMS143 said:
The reason why I ask this question is because Pete said that those who do not have problems with their F4 is because they don't ride it hard. But I find that hard to believe. I still believe he just had bad luck and got an MV that had some flaws, like every brand has once in a while.
It's sad that Pete had problems with his MV...I can't remeber what his troubles were but it's even sadder if he really believes this.

My personal experience is these bikes easily take whatever you can throw at them....don't care who you are or how hard you ride.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Rockethouse said:
It's sad that Pete had problems with his MV...I can't remeber what his troubles were but it's even sadder if he really believes this.

My personal experience is these bikes easily take whatever you can throw at them....don't care who you are or how hard you ride.
Yes that was shame how much bad luck peet had with his 1000R i think all of the issues were warrenty related, but correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All of peet's 1000R issues were fixed under warranty, but the fact that his bike spent so much time at the dealer for repairs, combined with the high fuel consumption, made him sell his bike.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts