MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the mirror on a 1000r? I thought it would be easy, but I was stumped when I took the two bolts off. Hopefully this is not stupid question, but if any of you know, please share your knowledge. Thanks!

Juan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Un do the 2 bolts that go through the support bracket & fairing in to the mirror's, follow the support bracket down to where it fixes to the instrument cover where you will find a hex bolt. Un do this (long) hex bolt & wiggle it free, remove the rubber straps that hold the mirror wiring to the fairing bracket & un plug the wires from their connectors & you can then slip the wiring through fairing & remove mirror.

Sounds a lot more complecated than it is & in reality takes 5 minutes. Be careful when putting the long hex bolt back in, make sure it doesn't cross thread & also that the indicators work before tightening up.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help! I will attempt to take the mirror off in the morning. I will let you know how well it goes. I need to take it to the paint shop to have the Tamburini signature clear coated. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Un do the 2 bolts that go through the support bracket & fairing in to the mirror's, follow the support bracket down to where it fixes to the instrument cover where you will find a hex bolt. Un do this (long) hex bolt & wiggle it free, remove the rubber straps that hold the mirror wiring to the fairing bracket & un plug the wires from their connectors & you can then slip the wiring through fairing & remove mirror.

Sounds a lot more complecated than it is & in reality takes 5 minutes. Be careful when putting the long hex bolt back in, make sure it doesn't cross thread & also that the indicators work before tightening up.
Anthill, I'll try to do this tomorrow. so you don't have to remove the whole front fairing? thanks,
jm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts