MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
My wife and her friends do it for me on a hot weekend....

003770-full.jpg

003771-full.jpg

003772-full.jpg

003773-full.jpg

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
And there up have the answer....sponge and bucket and lots of TLC.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol...

Although my bike came super clean I'm thinking of stripping it down with some dawn dish soap and bucket of water. I'll probably clay bar it polish it and then wax it. After that it should have a good base then then I'll use either a detailing spray or what not after each ride...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Post some before and after shots! Well done Chuck!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Low pressure wash with detergent bottle attachment (degreaser, car wash), bucket and sponge, blow dry. Polish, clay bar spray, plastic spray (303) whatever's on the shelf in the shed. Clean chain with WD40 whatever, re lube with Chain Wax. Small chair, music, alcohol. Not often, but a pleasant way to kill a couple of hours when the mood takes.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
During the summer and spring, it is usually just detail spray. If she gets too dirty then it is soap and water followed by drying with a air hose. During the winter when I am usually working on some crazy weight reduction project on her. It is detail spray, clay bar, ultra fine polish, wax, then sealer. I like to use Adam's products. Then I will even start on cleaning bolts, areas around the engine, and places you can never get to when the bike is assembled.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
During the summer and spring, it is usually just detail spray. If she gets too dirty then it is soap and water followed by drying with a air hose. During the winter when I am usually working on some crazy weight reduction project on her. It is detail spray, clay bar, ultra fine polish, wax, then sealer. I like to use Adam's products. Then I will even start on cleaning bolts, areas around the engine, and places you can never get to when the bike is assembled.
I bet Adam loves you using his products to get to those really hard places:grin2:>:)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Rarely get it properly dirty unless im caught out by the rain. My MV is a sunny day bike. I think its been wet twice in 3 years/7k miles.

I just wipe it over with vulcanet wipes every few rides if its looking a bit dusty. 1 each on the wheels, another on the body and another everywhere else.

10 min wipes on, then by the time im done wiping off the rear, the front is ready to polish off....20 mins tops to clean and polish the whole bike :)

Over winter I may get the metal polish out too for a treat, otherwise thats about it....

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Rarely get it properly dirty unless im caught out by the rain. My MV is a sunny day bike. I think its been wet twice in 3 years/7k miles.

I just wipe it over with vulcanet wipes every few rides if its looking a bit dusty. 1 each on the wheels, another on the body and another everywhere else.

10 min wipes on, then by the time im done wiping off the rear, the front is ready to polish off....20 mins tops to clean and polish the whole bike :)

Over winter I may get the metal polish out too for a treat, otherwise thats about it....

+1 on the not getting dirty. I have had Emma for two years and have never washed her. She gets a wipe down with a quick detailer spray before I go out and another when I come back. I have occasionally undressed her to get at her naughty bits but that is usually just a little dust and a bug or two up in her. Sorry if this just got a little weird. :surprise: :wink2:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Interesting. There are many who think we are freaks for not riding the life out of our bikes in rain, hail or shine.

For me, I believe in the 'each to their own' and will cherish my bikes in the best way possible.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Interesting. There are many who think we are freaks for not riding the life out of our bikes in rain, hail or shine.

For me, I believe in the 'each to their own' and will cherish my bikes in the best way possible.

I've ridden in the rain. It's not fun. I don't want to be uncomfortable riding. Kind of takes away the point of riding in the first place.

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
I've done a track day on my 312R in the rain.....:f4::jsm:

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I don't ever plan on riding in the rain but I will do it if out on a trip and it happens.

No doubt. I've only been caught in the rain on my Raider and previous cruiser bikes. My MV and the words "out on a trip" are mutually exclusive. :smile2: With Emma, if there's any chance of rain, she's staying in the garage.

·
Registered
539 Posts
On a 7 day trip to Isle of Man and Scotland last year, it rained continuously for 5 days....I got my years worth of wet riding in that week doing 200-300 miles a day between hotels.

Not on my Brutale though, it was tucked up in the nice warm garage :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts