·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
512 Posts
spalding12 said:
i know that the seats on the 910R are some vinyl product (right?)
but...
the pillion gray/silver seat already looks a BIT discolored
any way to clean it.... condition it (i guess not, if it IS vinyl)
or.... should i just order that carbon fiber cowling?

thanks so much in advance
Greg, the seats on the 910R are Italian Leather, I believe it is called Pieni Fiore. Both the pillion and rider seats are the same. I would find a good leather cleaner. The discoloured look is actually grey and not black, that is the way it is supposed to look.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aussie MV said:
Greg, the seats on the 910R are Italian Leather, I believe it is called Pieni Fiore. Both the pillion and rider seats are the same. I would find a good leather cleaner. The discoloured look is actually grey and not black, that is the way it is supposed to look.
thanks for that info.
i know that the pillion seat is gray...
but, it is become "WHITER" in some area since it got very wet the other day

i'll get that leather cleaner.... thanks

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
512 Posts
spalding12 said:
thanks for that info.
i know that the pillion seat is gray...
but, it is become "WHITER" in some area since it got very wet the other day

i'll get that leather cleaner.... thanks
Whiter eh, very interesting, I will be buying the carbon fibre pillion seat cowling from emotouk later on as where I live the sun is a real killer. Even though I will be keeping the bike under cover, you can't do that when you riding it can you.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aussie MV said:
Whiter eh, very interesting, I will be buying the carbon fibre pillion seat cowling from emotouk later on as where I live the sun is a real killer. Even though I will be keeping the bike under cover, you can't do that when you riding it can you.

well put...
the funny is that when you read the reviews for the R... they poke fun at the material from which the seat is made... most "experts" think it really is NOT leather at all

meanwhile.... i found some high quality connolly hide food

http://www.leatherique.com/connolly_or_leatherique.htm

that i had in the other room....
so...
when i buff it out tomorrow (as per the manufacturers recommendation) either my seat will be incredible....
OR completely DISSOLVED.... :)

i did NOT put it on the rider's seat...
it would be a bit too SLIPPERY for MY taste :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
As far as I can tell, they are not leather. leather does not stretch like these seats and look underneath at the staples. There is a backing like seen on vinyl.

Penne fiore might mean "fake leather"!!

Maybe Flaming or Pigiolino can translate.

·
Registered
281 Posts
airfuel said:
As far as I can tell, they are not leather. leather does not stretch like these seats and look underneath at the staples. There is a backing like seen on vinyl..
I wondered, myself. The dealer told me they are leather but I too doubt after looking at it closely.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you push the surface slightly with your finger, real leather will create some wrinkles - fake leather doesn't! You can test drive on your skin on you arm.....you will see what I mean....

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
512 Posts
spalding12 said:
it's official.....
it's vinyl
the way the rider's seat stretches....
push down on it.... it's vinyl
there is NO way it is leather
don't really care... but, not nice that MV would have us BELIEVE otherwise
Perhaps we need to go onto the MV Agusta (Australian) (link below) web site and read the following, page 3 point 4. Then tell me it's vinal???

MV Agusta

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pieno Fiore Leather is synthetic, just like the Alcantara seats are synthetic suade. You can find either in any upholstery shop, mostly used for couches.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
756 Posts
My seat is a mess...it's discolored in various spots and I can't figure out how it happens. Inexplicably new blotches just materialize. The regular seat remains perfect. I don't think this is a cleaning issue...unfortunately :conveyer:

·
Registered
281 Posts
MVorBMW said:
My seat is a mess...it's discolored in various spots and I can't figure out how it happens. Inexplicably new blotches just materialize. The regular seat remains perfect. I don't think this is a cleaning issue...unfortunately :conveyer:
I had mine replaced at purchase, as it was discolored on the showroom floor. My new one is much better but it is not perfect, either. There must be something with them, as the pilot seat is fine, as you report...

·
Registered
261 Posts
spalding12 said:
it's official.....
it's vinyl
the way the rider's seat stretches....
push down on it.... it's vinyl
there is NO way it is leather
don't really care... but, not nice that MV would have us BELIEVE otherwise
Gregg,
I just use a Armor All type vinyl protector product on the seat and it does fine. My main concern is that the material does not crack under the harsh Texas summer and the vinyl conditioner helps keeps things moist and pliable.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MVorBMW said:
the bike is THE GREATEST THING ON EARTH
the pillion seat is CRAP
but.... that's an easy fix.... and fairly IRRrelevant

1 - 20 of 55 Posts