MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, the shop manual is no longer available in the article section. Anyone have any instructions with images? I was going to ask the dealer to help me -but I'm feeling adventurous. ;) Oh, do I need any specials tools?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I tried to sent you the entire chapter “suspension & wheels”, but …
Ok, MV recommends the tool no. 800093347. It helps but is not mandatory.

You have to place the motorcycle on the rear stand, and then to define a reference point to check changes of the ride height.
One turn on the rod-axis, is 1mm in the height!
At every adjustment of the height you have to re-adjust, also, the sag at the chock!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Easy Alan, put the bike on the stand and find a reference point, I use top of the stand to the pop rivet on the exhaust, now, If you want to do things 100% you need to set the rear sag first, set this by adjusting with the 5mm?(maybe 6mm) allen key in the hydraulic resovoir, measure the height of the bike, lift it up until the rear shock tops out, measure this height, sit on the bike in all your riding gear and measure it again, add the topped out measurement to the measurement when you are sat on the bike and that is your rear sag i.e the total movement from topped out to settled with you on it.

People have different idea's on sag, race bikes 20-25mm, road bikes 30-35mm is one such idea, adjust this with the 5mm? allen key in the hydraulic unit, this WILL alter the rear height as well so accurate recorded measuements are crucial, after setting the sag set the rear ride height, this is dead easy, undo the two 5mm clamping screws on the adjusting rod, and turn the 19mm hex around, the adjuster has a Left and Right 'bottle' screw so one way lifts the bike, the other way drops the bike.Accurate measurements you can return to are the most important thing here, see pic below, I don't have the hydraulic device on my Maxton unit, I have to use the old fashoined 'C' spanner on the retainer :)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts