MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to avoid the hassle of having to tape it. I already know fuse removal isn't an option as the F6 fuse has tons of other stuff running on it. Any quick and easy way?

Also, I will need to tape my headlight. Any particular brand of tape I can use so I am not left with some nasty post-removal residue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd like to avoid the hassle of having to tape it. I already know fuse removal isn't an option as the F6 fuse has tons of other stuff running on it. Any quick and easy way?

Also, I will need to tape my headlight. Any particular brand of tape I can use so I am not left with some nasty post-removal residue?

Thanks!
Pierre,

Take the bulb out if you do not want the brake light operating. In Australia it is not about the light but more about the plastic breaking if you drop the bike - hence the tape.

As for residue - we have a product over here called "resolve-it". removes any residue left over from tape very easily.

Hope this helps.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
22,475 Posts
Simply unplug the bulb, then use a quality painter's tape with light tack. Any home improvement store has it.

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try and see how easy it is to remove the bulb and I'll get some blue painter's tape as my contingency plan. Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Take off the passenger seat and just unplug the harness to the tail light. Leave the bulb alone. Easy

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
3M brand tape has the least memory imo. Stay away from 99 cent store stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts