Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the lowest temps you guys ride in? 30 degrees F this morning when I rode. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i ride in all weather here in the UK, the only thing that would stop me is thick snow. as long as your prepared and have good tyres and take it easy, no reason not to. I can HIGHLY recommend the new Knox Zero2 Winter gloves by the way.....

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm a fair weather wuzz, any sign of rain or below 45 F, the bike will stay in the garage. Still managed over 12,000 miles in two years though:):)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll ride anytime. As long as there is no snow or ice. But then I grew up riding snowmobiles so cold is not an issue.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Freezing is my mental limit. I ride the motorcycle because I love it, not because I have to.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Probably in the teens (f) is my limit. Although I am going to wire up the Guzzi for electrically heated gear so that might change things.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've ridden down to -8℃, but I usually leave that for the d/s. Don't mind so much if it goes down on ice. I've gotten the Brute out in -4℃, it loves that cold air, but the tires stay pretty dicey. Once the temp stays consistently below zero I put it away and stick with the KLX.

·
Registered
639 Posts
As long as the roads are free of salt I'll be riding my MV.
When the roads get salty it's the BMW....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MVO5 EXY - wow those are some expensive gloves!

MyzTied - yeah when the bike goes up I'm ready for snowmobiling!

Kiwidoc - that is crazy! I've never pushed that far.

hmmhmm - Denmark wow - seems like you'd want to extend that short season as much as possible.

I know I've ridden in very cold teens and low 20's F (maybe once in the single digits but only a very short trip) but only when the roads are clear with 0% percipitation and only before they dump salt everywhere.

Early this year when I first got my MV I was out riding and pulled into a parking lot that had several frozen puddles. It made me much more aware than my normal high awareness while riding haha.

Anyone have a less expensive "good" alternative to the gloves MVO5 mentioned?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I ride for fun, riding in temps below 10C, to me, is not very enjoyable. As I get older the min. riding temp keeps going up :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Kiwidoc - that is crazy! I've never pushed that far.

Never by choice, some of the trips we have done here, are over 3,000 km return. Not much choice choosing the weather before you leave on a 10 day journey. We are able to ride all year here .

:mouthwate And we are entering our summer riding season here. Off To a Barry Sheene memorial race weekend tomorrow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts