MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just joined the site. My local dealer in UK has a new 1078RR brutale red/silver. He states its a new 2009 model. Ive looked at pics on internet and i'm not sure if its 2008 model. how as someone who is not mechanically minded tell which year this is. It has machesini wheels but dealer says its defo 2009. Can u help guys? Thanks:brutale:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I was under the impression that the B1078RR was a new model for 09. But that may not be true for all parts of the world. Perhaps the vin# will tell.

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
What's the VIN # ???

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The number they stamp on the neck that holds all the model info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys it must be the 2009 then. Its just that some are shown as 2008 per registry, maybe the 3009 model was imported halfway through 2008. It has B4 and RR underneath across the tank.

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
The number they stamp on the neck that holds all the model info.

No-no-no...I meant...what is the actual VIN? I know what it IS, but if he posted WHAT it is then we could tell year model.

Bassethound...look for the 8th character from the end....that is the year model. Y= 2000 and A = 2010.

8= 2008 and so forth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having another look today so will check for info on the neck and count back 8 digits. Thanks all. Let u know if i buy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all. Its an 09 as i looked at the number stamped as suggested on headstock. Bought it and pick up Tuesday. Can't wait !! :mouthwate
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Congrats:drummer: What color is it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi BH, looks very nice. Is it missing the "1078" decals on the lower tank sides? Where did you get it from as I think you are UK like me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi matey, no it has the side "1078" decals. Got it Orrell motorcycle centre (nr Wigan). I'm 6ft exactly and 18stone (fatty i know but fast lol) It seems to fit me okay but my legs aren't to long 31" trousers inside leg. My wheeels are marchesini also with pirelli dragon super corse tyres. Can't wait until Tuesday....:mouthwate

·
Registered
647 Posts
No-no-no...I meant...what is the actual VIN? I know what it IS, but if he posted WHAT it is then we could tell year model.

Bassethound...look for the 8th character from the end....that is the year model. Y= 2000 and A = 2010.

8= 2008 and so forth.

Man that mix up made me laugh.:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
brutale 1078 production

Hi just joined the site. My local dealer in UK has a new 1078RR brutale red/silver. He states its a new 2009 model. Ive looked at pics on internet and i'm not sure if its 2008 model. how as someone who is not mechanically minded tell which year this is. It has machesini wheels but dealer says its defo 2009. Can u help guys? Thanks:brutale:
the 1078 brutale was only manufactured in 2009 a small number came to the uk in the spring and a later batch were produced in the autumn i tried to get one from april 2009 and it did not arrive till november

1 - 20 of 22 Posts