6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2.5 months. as it turns out, my dealer in tampa, florida, who also sells
BMW
Ducati
Triumph
Moto Guzzi
has just (beginning July 1 officially) become an MV Agusta dealer as well
i had heard about this designation for them some time ago. the salesman (from whom i've bought more than a few bikes over the years) has become my very good friend. that's kind of how it worked out.
i have been in a quandry for some time as to what direction i'd go with my riding.
i knew that i wanted a new BMW K1200GT for my long-distance touring. i have enjoyed my year on the R1200GS... but, when all is said and done, that boxer motor just doesn't do it for me (though i love my GS)
..... please excuse this GOOFY pose for my friends:

the BMW K1200R wasn't my cup of tea
fast... but, the long wheelbase (more than 7 inches longer than that of the Brutale 910R) took away from the FUN FACTOR for me

i'm very excited about the R.... i hope that i don't have to wait 6 months for that racing exhaust... not because of the increased HP (which few of us will ever appreciate)... but, the sound
for 3K in extra money... the exhaust isn't my issue
i'm happy to have the better brakes and the "look" of the "R" version

that's it in a (convoluted) nutshell :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
There are plenty of first ride impressions from members of this site, and Admin has most articles posted in the 'articles' section.

Bottom line: Brutale's ROCK :guitarist: :yo: :king: :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
154 Posts
spalding12 said:
BMW
Ducati
Triumph
Moto Guzzi
i had heard about this designation for them some time ago. the salesman (from whom i've bought more than a few bikes over the years) has become my very good friend. that's kind of how it worked out.
i have been in a quandry for some time as to what direction i'd go with my riding.
i knew that i wanted a new BMW K1200GT for my long-distance touring. i have enjoyed my year on the R1200GS... but, when all is said and done, that boxer motor just doesn't do it for me (though i love my GS)
..... please excuse this GOOFY pose for my friends:

the BMW K1200R wasn't my cup of tea
fast... but, the long wheelbase (more than 7 inches longer than that of the Brutale 910R) took away from the FUN FACTOR for me

i'm very excited about the R.... i hope that i don't have to wait 6 months for that racing exhaust... not because of the increased HP (which few of us will ever appreciate)... but, the sound
for 3K in extra money... the exhaust isn't my issue
i'm happy to have the better brakes and the "look" of the "R" version

that's it in a (convoluted) nutshell :)
I hope you're not going to put all of that gear on your MV :stickpoke

·
Registered
645 Posts
spalding12 said:
BMW
Ducati
Triumph
Moto Guzzi
Its great that we will now have 2 dealers in FL!

·
Registered
645 Posts
spalding12 said:
i certainly agree
Which dealer is it and who do we ask for there? How have they been as far as service goes on your other bikes?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Greg. I'd like to try your GS. How about we meet and swap bikes for awhile. :) BTW, are you selling it?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
rsduce said:
Its great that we will now have 2 dealers in FL!
Yeah, soon we will have 2 in AZ too, but I like our original one anyway, but the new one will be closer for emergencies and general ogling :p

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
spalding12 said:
can you please tell me EXACTLY what tail bag and other item you have there
i would really appreciate it
It's a CARGO brand expandable tailbag (fits a full-face helmet), ~$60 @ CycleGear and a CamelBak (military spec 'Transformer'). Everything heavy and expensive goes in my Camelbak, and clothes ride in the tailbag. I'm planning to get one of those tankbags that mount to the gascap ring also.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts