MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MV have made it clear that the time is right for the marque to be purchased by an Italian firm and returned to its homeland (whether that is good or bad, I leave that with you all to decide).

So how about Fiat buying them, they have Ferrari connections, as do our engines, not the incorrect asumption they are powered by Suzuki (that I think can be applied to Bimota).

This bit is a pipe dream but, Fiat could then bring MV back into MotoGP, sign Valentino Rossi who then wins the world championship in his final season.

Now that I believe would be an investment that would sell bikes and set up both MV and Fiat's investment for good.

Just a thought :)

(Apologies if it is wrong to post something like this here, but I am still navigating around the various forums to understand what should get posted where)

JerseyBrut

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
now wouldn't that be a perfect world?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I doubt Fiat will make it at all--The Chrysler merger will fdrag them down just as it drug down Daimler, only Fiat won't have the strength to recover.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I doubt Fiat will make it at all--The Chrysler merger will fdrag them down just as it drug down Daimler, only Fiat won't have the strength to recover.
Are you kidding me ? Get into the detail of the deal. It's one of the smartest, risk free mergers (for FIAT) I've seen in my life. The FIAT president is a very clever business man.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Are you kidding me ? Get into the detail of the deal. It's one of the smartest, risk free mergers (for FIAT) I've seen in my life. The FIAT president is a very clever business man.
No, I'm not kidding.

Let's see, how about the world's worst car company buys the world's second worst company and the result will be............The world's worst car company.

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I do love these kinds of graphs - WTF is a VOSS Manufacturer Index rating? & a 1000 point scale? what or whom are JD Power & ASSociates? Yes it sounds awesome but moreover it looks pretty.

I wonder how many bar bets are settled with this kind of authority. As a former freelance Technical Analyst let me tell you I've had some stuff published that was derived purely from my head, and it looked fantastic.................................... I should be careful what I say ;)

But on another note, I love what the Triumph people have done with a former basket case, I would love to see that for MV. But If a car manufacturer were to take over, my wishlist would be Volkswagon, I mean if they can turn Skoda into a car....then obvioulsy they are magicians!!! :laughing:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I do love these kinds of graphs - WTF is a VOSS Manufacturer Index rating? & a 1000 point scale? what or whom are JD Power & ASSociates? Yes it sounds awesome but moreover it looks pretty.

I wonder how many bar bets are settled with this kind of authority. As a former freelance Technical Analyst let me tell you I've had some stuff published that was derived purely from my head, and it looked fantastic.................................... I should be careful what I say ;)

But on another note, I love what the Triumph people have done with a former basket case, I would love to see that for MV. But If a car manufacturer were to take over, my wishlist would be Volkswagon, I mean if they can turn Skoda into a car....then obvioulsy they are magicians!!! :laughing:
yep, VW would be a good thing if it ever happens. They have a guy at the helm who is passionate about bikes, and apparently he regrets not buying Ducati when they had the chance. Come on VW.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The JD Power survey is fairly well known in the UK, they survey owners of vehicles 2-3 years old and find out their experiences, reliability, maintenance etc. It's a bit idiosyncratic as it concentrates on how the vehicle has met expectations. Thus historically Skoda always did well, as the owner always loved the car. Those who bought rep-mobiles always have high expectations which were rarely met.

Funny how no US manufacturers break the Industry Standard.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Let's say you sold your company for $ 10 and now you have a chance to buy it back for $ 1, wouldn't you go for it?? Mr Castiglioni is a smart man, they ll buy it back, wait and see

·
Registered
378 Posts
I still think that the best MV solution is Ferrari.....

·
Registered
315 Posts

From everything I read, it was Daimler who helped sink Chrysler. Chrysler was actually profitable and in the black when the new CEO decided to merge with Daimler.

·
Registered
298 Posts
lol around these parts FIAT stands for Fix It Again, Tony...

That JD Power chart is for customer satisfaction...since when has customer satisfaction/service ever been proportional to a company's profitability? It seems this runs on an inverse scale more than anything else...ie the worse the service/customer satisfaction the higher the profitability...

Ferrari would prob be the best owner for MV but I doubt that they would have the cash to bail out MV, it would be a massive drain on their resources. With all due respect Mr Castiglioni is a savvy short term business man but doesn't seem to have staying power...maybe that's the price of passion!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Chrysler has been 'saved' too many times. Let them die, they make nothing anybody needs.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Chrysler has been 'saved' too many times. Let them die, they make nothing anybody needs.
Couldn't that be said for MV? Just saying. No one needs an MV. Want? Yes. Need? No.

·
Registered
108 Posts
----- Nice to see nothing has changed in my absense, Chrysler was a very profitable Automaker and Daimler was losing its Quality and respect at the time of the"merger". Daimler striped Chrysler of its great monetary assets and devistated its engineering ranks as it raped this fine American company. Now Chrysler has a chance to rebuild with the small car expierence from Fiat, and Fiat gets Chryslers Ram Trucks, Jeep brand and the new Chrysler 300 due out in early 2011... Looks like a Good match to me, Of course I also thought HD was a good match saving MV Cagiva last year!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
As a former DaimlerChrysler employee, one coming from the German side that is, I would like to note that Chrysler's strength in 2002-2004 actually dug Daimler out of the gutter when plunging resale values on all those off-lease E-classes pummeled profits of the Mercedes divisions into the red. Not to mention the Smart division, which to my knowledge has never actually made a profit. A marriage with Fiat makes far more sense though. Fiat has had to take the toughies already. They can help Chrysler make them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
In a perfect world i would like to see this:

Fiat buy MV Agusta so Ferrari can develop engines/gearboxes & Pininfarina design beautiful carbonfiber fairing/frame/chassis.

MV Agusta with 1000-1200cc V6 or V5, F1 gearbox, pneumatic/hydralic or electronic valves, hightech electronics (ABS/TCS), >200BHP, <200KG weight incl. fuel, 3 or 6 rear endpipes...

Valentino Rossi as a factory rider for MV Agusta.

Then i would trade in one of my Ferraris, whatever price of the dream bike.

312R Corse & 750 SPR

SWEDEN

1 - 20 of 53 Posts