MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Summer is here on the Texas Gulf coast. Took the Dragster out this morning, and yeah well I got baked in the butt. I am wondering if mesh-air motorcycle pants might help? I normally wear armored jeans. Any recommendations? Perhaps something like these from Klim? Thoughts?

https://www.klim.com/Voyage-Air-Pant-3344-001?quantity=1

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I bought some Summer Riding Pants with Mesh Panels from Dainese last Year.
Yes they are way more airy than Jeans.
In addition I use a Mesh Jacket from Dainese.
But 100F is in any Clothes baking hot and demands rather laying in a Pool.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
I have always felt that being a bit hot is better than recovering from road rash when inadequate gear fails.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have always felt that being a bit hot is better than recovering from road rash when inadequate gear fails.
I shared the same view until I tried a proper airflow jacket and airflow rider shoe (one from TCX, has a very high ankle protection). Yes the protection is not as high as leathers and boots, but at least you can still really enjoy riding in summer. In leathers it feels like riding in a hot car with the air-conditioner off and the windows rolled up.

An airflow boot / shoe is a really nice thing to have in summer, by far my best purchase of mine.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I have a pair of New (never worn) Joe Rocket Mesh Pants - Size XL (see size chart). I won them in a raffle and they wouldn't change the size. 2 Front Pockets. Long Leg Zippers. Removable knee armor. Adjustable waist band. Jacket Zipper attachment. Adjustable bottom cuff gathers. Looks like new ones are about $152 on Revzilla. I'd take $75 + shipping for these.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm definitely ATGATT, a few years ago I bought a Pilot suit (pants and jacket) from their website with the upgraded back protector, and it has proven to be a very good suit for the money.
Mesh itself has limited ability to protect you in a crash, so it really comes down the the armor and the bits of the suit that are not mesh. Look around there are some good deals out there.
I wore that suit last Gapo...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Id say depends on the bike. I tried them ONCE on my Gen1 F4. Then I discovered that, stopped at a light, when the fans kick on it basically supercharges the hot air off of the exhaust right onto the inside of your thighs. So not recommended at least for that bike.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I actually keep all my vents closed when it gets hot or cold. Having air flow is useful only really when in moderate temperatures. When it is cold you don't want a cold blast hitting your skin. When it is hot you don't want hot air hitting your skin. The air around you on a bike in hot climates on tarmac can be hotter than your body temperature. Its sort of counterintuitive but it works for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts