MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
On occasion when I start my F3 675 while hot (normally after has been sitting for 5-10 minutes after been ridden) it will make a chattering noise when started for 30 seconds to a minute. It also doesn't want to rev at all when this happens (this was how I noticed it the first time). Is this something to be concerned about and what is causing it (is it the cam chain tensioner?)?

After the initial start noise with this it revs and sounds fine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt,

Ask the sprag clutch victims....

:popcorn:
Wouldn't think it is sprag clutch as my bike has never not started first time. This noise is when the bike is running for the first 30 seconds to a minute then sounds normal.

it didn't do it at all this weekend at all with cooler weather though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
sometimes get the same whan coldstarting and i 2 belive its the spraq cause it stops after a while!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Remember : there are no bearings on the cams shafts,sometimes they are also hollow and drilled for oiling cams just before to apply a force on the valves>>>it takes a long time to pressurize all these parts .

Ideally oil pump must run before engine fires or put a second pump closer to the cam shafts (ideally !!!)
The older ducati desmo were bearing fitted , now they follow this cheap construction , but there the stresses are lower (no springs to compress), cams running by hands (rubber belts) ,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts