MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
103 F at Barber Motorsports Park at 3 pm and temps still climbing !!!. :jsm: Weather channel says it "feels" like 106...I believe that!!!!
5 full sessions and Carl and I decided to take a break...back tomorrow morning when temps will be back down a bit (at least in the morning).

The MV Agusta Pits at Barber. Carl's Veltrat and my Lola...2 nice SPRs.
We may not be the fastest riders out there, but we look good!!!:blah:

Will try for some better pics tomorrow...and no comments on my form fitted underarmor revealing the tumor I've been growing in my gut....:ahhh:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Glad to see that you guys had fun. Wish I could of been there. I did go and do a 2.5 mile run today in the middle of the afternoon since you were braving the heat.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I'm not one bit jealous.....and Randrew, you're a dummy......

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
103!
Are the tire warmers there to keep the tires cool?

Just a suggestion here - I'm sure that Carl is well aware there is a more fashionable method of wearing handkerchiefs on the noggin. :)

How's Lola first time up Ed?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
I am still waiting to see since Ed got a F4. What his umbrella girl will look like?

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope she will look like your wife!!!! No umbrella girls at Barber for us, unfortunately.

Dave, Lola did not disappoint. Very happy with her. I have not touched a clicker on the suspension and she turns and handles just as well as I had hoped. Engine and transmission is flawless....should have put the bigger rear sprocket on. Geared a bit tall, but it's OK !!!

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Thanks Ed.

When you get time, maybe after you're back home, would you mind snapping a couple of shots of your tires for me? Interested in how these extreme temps effecting are them. That would be much appreciated.
Dave.

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Sounds like you guys are having a blast.. Keep it up Dudes.

By the way.... There is too much man areola on show for this forum. :stopp:

Please post those type of pics in the Brutale section, with a clear health warning in the title..

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Dave it was not 100 but it was 94 when I was at Road Atlanta the week before. Here is what my tires looked like.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Thanks Andrew.
Please let me know the tire that's on your F4 in these pictures.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Dave. I have the Diablo Rosso COrsa on her.

·
Super Moderator
22,475 Posts
What those tires say to me: Perfect suspension set up and air pressures.

Andrew, what pressures were you running and how did you like the "stick and feel"?

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
I did 30 psi in front and 28 in the rear. They were great. Far better than what I was pushing the bike. We had someone go down on every session we did:jsm:. That kept me in check and not wanting to join that group. Plus Melissa would of killed me if I crashed the MV:thewife:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Power Pure tires in 100+ F temps

Here's what my Pilot Pure tires looked like after 6 sessions.
Air temps at 100F +....no idea of track temps. :penguin:

30 psi rear and 34 psi front. Initially had a bit more tearing on the front but reduced the fork rebound by a few clicks and it started cleaning up nicely. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts