MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there greetings from cold Finland...

I was riding my bike last sunday for 200km and have to say after 50km it wasn't so enjoyable.

I had my Ass on fire and it is certainly do to the fact that I have cored my exhaust and it was 32 degrees celsius. :shitfan:

I have always wondered why the F4 1000R that I own doesn't have any thermal insulation between the end pipes and the bikes body.

I am refering to the pic that I found on this site (other members pics, sorry had to borrow it)

Could you tell me if you have that or not?

And if not how many of you have done it / installed it on our bike?

What material is it and where can it be found? I already yet have went to a few places but haven't found anything.

Could some one help me on this one. I am going to get some Ice on my bottom now.

Cheers,
m

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

Harden up a bit mate, I used to ride mine in Aussie summer in short's...:smoking:
Just go to any auto shop and get some firewall insulation and then buy some 3M spray on glue to bond it.
The secret is air movement, so go faster:yo:.
It's not just a MV issue mate, Ducati and the R1's all have the same problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
all new bikes have this issue. The smaller they make the bikes, the hotter they get. Smaller radiators, Frames closer to motors, new constricted exhaust, ect. My buddy's S1k gets just as hot as my MV, and my Ducati 1098 was tons worse, plus Texas summer heat!
Try some header wrap if it's still too hot for you.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Whaat?

all new bikes have this issue. The smaller they make the bikes, the hotter they get. Smaller radiators, Frames closer to motors, new constricted exhaust, ect.
Try some header wrap if it's still too hot for you.
If you can't ride an F4 for 50km without complaining, then take the bus.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
I bought some self adhesive heat reflective tape from my nut and bolt supplier mainly to stop bellypan from melting and brake fluid in the rear brake from boiling.The only time I feel extra heat is when stuck at traffic lights with fans blazing.Maybe you need to ride faster so the heat is left behind you,thats what I do and I have the Bodis system which is like a blowtorch,Mitch.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI thx for the infos.

I don't mind my ass getting burns, maybe I should get a MV logo on the seat to get a good shape burn.

Or maybe I should drive faster, the only problem is that I have to drive 15km at 30km/h before I can turn the throttle. And by that time the engine gets at 112 degrees or even more.
The cops might not like it either. I am not sure but explaning to them that I had to drive at 100 km/h in a residential area due to the risk of ASS burns might not be a good one. On the highway there is no problem at all.

My main concern wasn't my ASS but the ECU or Eprom etc. I have already yet melted the fan blades (now alu muzzy ones), broken 1 waterpump and !!! Melted the plastic on the turn signal electrical cables and rear light!!!

Have to get that shield quickly before other things melt.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hello there greetings from cold Finland...

I was riding my bike last sunday for 200km and have to say after 50km it wasn't so enjoyable.

I had my Ass on fire and it is certainly do to the fact that I have cored my exhaust and it was 32 degrees celsius. :shitfan:

I have always wondered why the F4 1000R that I own doesn't have any thermal insulation between the end pipes and the bikes body.

I am refering to the pic that I found on this site (other members pics, sorry had to borrow it)

Could you tell me if you have that or not?

And if not how many of you have done it / installed it on our bike?

What material is it and where can it be found? I already yet have went to a few places but haven't found anything.

Could some one help me on this one. I am going to get some Ice on my bottom now.

Cheers,
m
hot ass in finland,now i have heard it all ddah,cut chillies from ya diet.oh yeah wot donsy said,cup of concrete,now ya confused:wtf::wtf:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts