MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a short(ish) ride today - it was 42.4C (108.3F) where I was. VERY uncomfortable, although the mistake I made was going out a bit too far and then having to endure the ride back. It's 21:45 right now, and still 39.1C (102.4F). I know some of you (Mark!) put up with hotter temps from time to time, but this was like sitting in front of a big hair dryer for the entire ride.

Thank goodness for air conditioning and swimming pools!! :)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
OH, thanks for THAT swell post! You do know it is 9 degrees, (farenheit not Centigrade) here in CT! This is the coldest day in two years. NOt including the windchill which brings the temp down more.

You lucky dog!

CAG

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Sventekoz said:
I went for a short(ish) ride today - it was 42.4C (108.3F) where I was. VERY uncomfortable, although the mistake I made was going out a bit too far and then having to endure the ride back. It's 21:45 right now, and still 39.1C (102.4F). I know some of you (Mark!) put up with hotter temps from time to time, but this was like sitting in front of a big hair dryer for the entire ride.

i had NO idea it got so hot there
wow....
the only way to stay hydrated on a day such as that...

is to put in IV pole on your bike and run some fluids WIDE OPEN the whole time you are out there

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spalding12 said:
wow....

is to put in IV pole on your bike and run some fluids WIDE OPEN the whole time you are out there

Maybe so - but just try getting a needle into me! :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CAG said:
OH, thanks for THAT swell post! You do know it is 9 degrees, (farenheit not Centigrade) here in CT! This is the coldest day in two years. NOt including the windchill which brings the temp down more.

You lucky dog!

CAG
How about we split the difference? :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
spalding12 said:
wow....

Will this be available from Emoto soon? :laughing:

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's not a bad day here in the summer. July/August can get really hot. Need to drink lots of water - I stop every hour or so to hydrate when the temp is over 100F. A camelback type set up would be a good thing.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Sventekoz said:

Now, that's not a dry heat is it? If so, you could alway try the wet t-shirt trick. :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
allias86 said:
how did the bike cope wih these extreme temperatures?
It was just fine while I was moving. Whenever I stopped at lights the temp went up pretty sharply - but still maxed out at 97C.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Allan Gibbs said:
Now, that's not a dry heat is it? If so, you could alway try the wet t-shirt trick. :)
Eeeewwww! Trust me - you wouldn't want me in a wet t-shirt. It would set back the cause of motorcycling by many years! :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spalding12 said:
hmmmm
and i didn't even mention the CATHETER to monitor your "output" we were going to INSERT :jsm:
Yep - never gonna happen I'm afraid. You can do anything to me and with me, as long as it doesn't involve sharp pointy things! :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sventekoz said:
It was just fine while I was moving. Whenever I stopped at lights the temp went up pretty sharply - but still maxed out at 97C.
That's good. Are you using any additive (Waterwetter or the like)?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Koop said:
That's good. Are you using any additive (Waterwetter or the like)?
I've only done 2,200km since new - so whatever they put in at the factory is what I'm using. I haven't touched it at all.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
spalding12 said:
well..... it is neither sharp NOR pointy :)

seriously.....
when are you coming to florida?
Ahh - but it does a good impression! :)

All I can say is: "As soon as I can" - but probably not for a while. I'm so busy at the moment with starting a new business, teaching, training GPs, and writing my PhD (which means that I almost certainly should take a break) - but rest assured that one day I'll be winging it in!! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts