MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quick search without success as to how to reduce the amount of heat transfer to your and your pillion's backside. Doesn't bother me so much but my young bloke will begin to not look forward to coming for a ride with dad if it can't be alleviated.
Heading into summer now too so if something could be done It would be great.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
Here's what I did:

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK.....So did you make that up yourself or is that a purchasable item?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
OK.....it was enough of a disappointment that a thread titled "Hot Ass" has taken this unfortunate turn, and now Big Man is throwing his comments in as well......:stickpoke

:)

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
That is a purchaseable item....self adhesive heat barrier. It comes it sheets from several different manufacturers or suppliers.

Randy, yes that is a double entendre all by itself...I can be civil, if I try....:smoking:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Meh. Had my hopes up too. :ahhh:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see it now......at first it looked like something that was cut to shape and sewn around the edges of the holes and outer edges, but I realize now that it has been cut to fit the existing moulded panel under the seat and stuck on.
I've seen this stuff on EBay. Cool! (pardon the pun) thanks for that silentservice703

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
It also helps if you heat wrap the mid pipe and some of the tail pipes, as far as you can go at least. Combined with what Chuck's showing you, makes a difference.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
I see it now......at first it looked like something that was cut to shape and sewn around the edges of the holes and outer edges, but I realize now that it has been cut to fit the existing moulded panel under the seat and stuck on.
I've seen this stuff on EBay. Cool! (pardon the pun) thanks for that silentservice703
What I did was to first attach the heat shield to the under side of the tray. Then, I used a precision knife to do the cut outs.

That is a Carbon Fiber under tail tray.:smoking:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Donsy for that suggestion. Will do also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Damn I was hoping for some nude pics oh well can't win all the time LoL

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
1st ceramic coat your pipes...

line the bottom of underseat tray with a thermal barrier.....
check with Summit Racing

the turbo folks use a dimpled (for lack of a better word) aluminum panel which is formable....put that over the thermal barrier

my neighbor turboed 100s of vehicles.......his suggestions and he gave me water formable 3/16" asbestos :naughty:

blocks the heat of a cutting torch........

:drummer:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
OK.....it was enough of a disappointment that a thread titled "Hot Ass" has taken this unfortunate turn, and now Big Man is throwing his comments in as well......:stickpoke

:)
Now, we're getting on track here.....:)

·
Registered
14,489 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
And here I thought all the good pics were for paying members now we're on the right track

·
Registered
14,489 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts