MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking of putting braided hoses from "Hell" on to my F4 750. :naughty: The current hoses go from one hose to a splitter then in to two. The "Hell" ones go from two straight away :yo: . Will this improve the brakes of my bike? Anyone done anything silimar? :nerd:

·
Registered
96 Posts
jorge said:
Hi,

I am thinking of putting braided hoses from "Hell" on to my F4 750. :naughty: The current hoses go from one hose to a splitter then in to two. The "Hell" ones go from two straight away :yo: . Will this improve the brakes of my bike? Anyone done anything silimar? :nerd:

Hey Jorge

HEL is as far as you can go, are you getting the titanium 1000's? The lack of a splitter is because you have to have that configuration for racing superbikes-it is a regulation......I doutb you will feel an improvement but every little bit helps, yes?....Your doing a great thing- good luck!

Hedges,

-FBD

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Its not the Titanium 1000, just stainless steel. I will put them on this week to try them out at Phakisa race way. will let all know how they work.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The point of braided lines is their stiffness. Reinforced rubber hoses expand from the internal hydraulic pressure when you apply the brake, this reduces the "feel" and effectiveness of the brakes.
Hydraulic theory tells us that pressure will remain constant throughout the system regardless of the length or shape of the system (as long as the system is rigid) thus changing from a split line into two separate lines should not make any difference in operation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
HEL is as far as you can go,
Are HEL lines now available in the US? Can't see a location in the posts?

I don't necessarily agree, if you mean by 'as far as you can go' HEL are the best and/or the most expensive. :jsm:

There are better (imho) and there are more expensive (fact). :laughing:

I too don't think there'll be much, if any difference, going braided to braided though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Koop said:
The point of braided lines is their stiffness. Reinforced rubber hoses expand from the internal hydraulic pressure when you apply the brake, this reduces the "feel" and effectiveness of the brakes.
Hydraulic theory tells us that pressure will remain constant throughout the system regardless of the length or shape of the system (as long as the system is rigid) thus changing from a split line into two separate lines should not make any difference in operation.
Two individual lines running to the master cyl will make a complete bleed much easier.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jorge,

It looks like I gave some bad advice here- I meant well, I am so sorry....

Essee,

great response!

MV ownership in the states is a very different animal, We dont have proper dealer support here...There are a few different brands of lines available but they are all sub-Hel grade....Hel is only "slightly" available in the states, meaning the importer is in florida and has all the tooling for bespoke- but you gotta call him yourself with your requirments....A dealer wouldnt know what you are talking about....Not a lot of prepacked Hel prouducts on the shelves here!.......You guys in europe dont know how good youve got it!...So tell me Essee, what lines should I source out when I'm ready?...When it comes to my bikes I go for the most overkill/bulletproof way possible...

SuperbikeSB,

I only knew about the regulation but I didnt know the why of the regulation....Thanks for giving me the full picture....

FBD

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd say Goodridge are better (and more expensive!) than Hel, but I don't know about US braided hoses. You have different standards and laws to comply with over there.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You can get Goodridge "build your own" lines from Lockhart-Phillips in the US. You buy lines that are some certain length, then you can put your own fittings on. If you buy a dual line setup, you have to buy a double length banjo bolt for the master. If you go with a Brembo radial, you can get the 90 degree bends to work with that. You just screw it all together.

I went this route on my race bike and they worked well. The only real drawback is the lines come in 2" increments (28", 30", etc) so they were slightly long.

I'm pretty sure the stock Nissin stuff uses a 1.25mm thread pitch for the banjo bolt (but not all Nissin is 1.25, I think Suzuki uses 1.0 or something?). All brembo is 1.0mm I think. Diameter is the same. Be aware if you change things.

Spiegler or Yoyodyne can make you exactly what you need if you give them a call. They may ask you to measure though...

Another thing you can do is get lines of different internal diameters. There are -2 and -3. Smaller (-2) lines seem to have a more precise feel from what I read. I used stock size. -3 is the stock size.

·
Registered
479 Posts
This is a mod my bike desperately needs. I hate the stock lines, I find it almost impossible to get a good bleed.

It's also a safety issue. The Munroe Motors team failed tech at the IoM race last year with their stock lines. I forget the failure mode of the lines now, but there is a way, and it happened on track, that the stock lines can actually fail.

I think Munroe Motors said they sent the measurements to Braking to get some proper lines made up.

This reminds me, I need to call them and get them ordered...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts