MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I discovered that the 2011 Brutale 1090 has hard plastic fuel hoses in the tank instead of the expensive, prone to rot in ethanol rubber hoses.

They also no longer have reusable hose clamps!!

So in replacing the fuel filter for a friend on the forum, I had to find a source for new clamps.

MV doesn't list them in the parts catalog.!!!! They come with the new fuel filter. That's fine if you buy the filter from MV, but what if you decide to use another easier to get less costly brand??

I found the hose clamps at McMaster-Carr (what a great supplier of common bits and pieces!).

They are Tight-Seal 11.3 mm (3/8 ~ 7/16 inch) clamps. McMaster-Carr part number #52545K45. Bag of 25 will cost you $10 (plus postage).

Oh, the zip-tie is because the NAPA Gold fuel filter isn't the same shape as the Mahle filter, so the tabs on the holder don't latch it in. Probably unnecessary, but I like to err on the side of caution. :eek:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,444 Posts
Ed, that is the same for the single fuel hose systems on the bikes after 2010.
What did you use to remove and install the clamps? Aren’t they a “crush” type clamp?

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ed, that is the same for the single fuel hose systems on the bikes after 2010.
What did you use to remove and install the clamps? Aren’t they a “crush” type clamp?
Yes, they are crush type. I used a basic diagonal wire cutter to cut them off and I have a MotionPro tool to crimp "ear" type clamps (similar to "end nippers"). Quite easy....easier than the Clic-R for that matter.

I think the high pressures in the fuel system is why MV doesn't use the Clic-R clamps there. According to my Ducati technician friends, Ducati uses the same clamps.

They come in a wide size assortment and the tolerances are very small. The McMaster-Carr item is the same exact thing as the OEM part. Cost me less than $0.70 each including postage. Got them the next day after ordering. Great service.

https://www.mcmaster.com/band-clamps

Tight-Seal Vibration-Resistant Pinch Clamps for Firm Hose and Tube

1 - 3 of 3 Posts