MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's irrelevant but the #1 question I get asked at bike meets is "Was that Corse Titanium exhaust (w/race ECU) worth $2,750.00 and how much HP did it add?" To my seat of the pants dyno, it feels like 4-8 HP! The bike is obviously faster and more ferocious in a straight line but just curious what the published numbers are. I couldn't find any literature anywhere.

Too late to do a dyno run at the local race shop since I didn't take a baseline of the OEM and Arrow carbon cans when I first bought it. Any ideas what to tell the inquiring minds? Thanks

I have some acceleration sound bites in the little vid I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd8IL9hsDtY

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your you tube post was such high quality that I assumed it was an ad. (I kept looking for the skip ad button) Do not know the answer but it sounds fantastic

·
Registered
136 Posts
Fantastic video! Brutale 910: classic beauty.

·
Super Moderator
22,665 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know the arrow pipes pick up about that much according to the dyno sheets I've seen, as far as whether or not it is worth it that is up to you. A lot of people ask me if my MV was worth the original price tag when you get some jap crap for half the price. The answer is always a solid yes which is solidified whenever we show up somewhere and people flock to the gorgeous Brutale and ask endless questions about it. The satisfaction the noise that exhaust makes after a nice exhaust is put on would be worth it to me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your you tube post was such high quality that I assumed it was an ad. (I kept looking for the skip ad button) Do not know the answer but it sounds fantastic
Thanks! I got some pretty nice DSLR cameras the past two Xmas' and using iMovie on my Macbook Pro to edit really can make you look like a pro!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the arrow pipes pick up about that much according to the dyno sheets I've seen, as far as whether or not it is worth it that is up to you. A lot of people ask me if my MV was worth the original price tag when you get some jap crap for half the price. The answer is always a solid yes which is solidified whenever we show up somewhere and people flock to the gorgeous Brutale and ask endless questions about it. The satisfaction the noise that exhaust makes after a nice exhaust is put on would be worth it to me.
Well said! I have always owned European machines and have been guilty of calling Japanese machines toasters....having no soul and merely reliable appliances. But I do appreciate all machines for the record. My Brutale definitely gets a lot of attention even in Southern California....where the most jaded riders reside. It's not uncommon to see a Ducati Desmosedici or Bimota DB-7 at local bike meets but the Brutale is truly a rare beast especially in Orange! Loving every ride so far....:brutale:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts