MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my bike is out of the break-in period. well, sort of. i saw 666 miles (~1065km) on the odo.

so, i thought it might be fun to try a wheelie with the f4 1k...

holy-monoposto, batman!

that bike lofts the front wheel about as nicely and predictably as any i've every ridden! very impressive.

so, on my second one (there are a few lights on my way to work...), i lofted the front, and clicked her up a gear...damn that's nice.

alright, so now that i've fessed up to my sinful behavior, has anyone else been guilty of this kind of activity with such a beautiful machine?

alex

ps - do i dare try a stoppie?? LOL>

·
Registered
339 Posts
Triple Seven said:
Me three. My friends still laugh about the wheelie I did with the motorcycle cop right behind me! Damn useless mirrors! He turned on his lights and pulled up next to me and just said "Keep it down" as I nodded embarassingly. :loser:

Where's craw on this one . . .I'm not sure I've ever seen his front wheel actually on the ground :stickpoke

As for a stoppie, not sure my MV has the brakes for that . . .at least not on purpose. All my stoppies seem to be panic induced :laughing:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Nevermore said:
Me three. My friends still laugh about the wheelie I did with the motorcycle cop right behind me! Damn useless mirrors! He turned on his lights and pulled up next to me and just said "Keep it down" as I nodded embarassingly. :loser:

Where's craw on this one . . .I'm not sure I've ever seen his front wheel actually on the ground :stickpoke

As for a stoppie, not sure my MV has the brakes for that . . .at least not on purpose. All my stoppies seem to be panic induced :laughing:

you lucky baster, normally that's 2 points violation "reckless riding"! :naughty:

No brakes for that?????? if you can stop the bike, you can do it, I think you meant "not as easily"?

·
Registered
339 Posts
odonata said:
you lucky baster, normally that's 2 points violation "reckless riding"! :naughty:

No brakes for that?????? if you can stop the bike, you can do it, I think you meant "not as easily"?
Yeh, it's just that I've been riding Triumphs lately. A speed triple will make a stunt rider out of anybody :nerd: I did a full on stoppie in the middle of rush hour on the 405! Unintentional, of course.

As for luck, I guess I've dodged more than my fair share of bullets lately. I might as well just get ready for them to throw the book at me sooner or later. I think it actually helps that I have out of state plates on my MV!

So I guess I'm not making a good case to get my Senna test drive, huh? :stickpoke

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nevermore said:

Wheelie ??? Who ?? What?? Me?? Where?? :rolleyes:

And why did you do that wheelie in front of the cop? was it some bastids fault for gearing your bike too low hee hee :toothless

p.s. I got the stock sprocket sitting by my toolchest!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Used to do lots of wheelies in the early days, I once got caught going through a radar on my back wheel doing 80kms in a 60km zone (the road is a wide three lane and safer than most of our highways with not a car anywhere near me...accept that I police car I didn't see the parked futher up the road), fortunately for me the officer at the other end was a bike rider :smoking: and only gave me a ticket for 70kms...no wheelie :) . I cant see myself doing them on the MV, maybe it's because I've only had the bike a couple of weeks now but IMO she has too much class to be stunting on.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i had to wheelie the bike the first time i took a spin on it........i agree with the smooth power delivery and the great throttle response......i have to admit though i've never been so nervous to wheelie a bike.......just the thought of dropping her brings tears to my eys.. :bawling:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
i think doing a wheelie on a bike of this caliber just adds to the fun of it. these bikes have so much power it is just to easy. any tips for doing the cat-walk mid wheelie shift?

Friday is just not a good day to do work, instead i am stalking the site for any new posts! :flickoff: work!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts